Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Milwaukee West Hotel, Wauwatosa, WI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Stayed here with family (Mrs. G and two sons) for quick cross-state weekend getaway. This is new build hotel that opened in late summer 2020, in greater vicinity of the Mayfair mall area (not attached - a brief walk, but you do need to cross the circle drive around the mall perimeter which I imagine might be rather busy from time to time). Faces the rear of a Cheesecake Factory and a vacant anchor store on the south end of the mall (though I will say that rest of the storefronts seemed occupied and rather busy for a late Friday afternoon/early evening). Parking $10/day at hotel; you can choose between ~ 30 spaces in surface lot, or a 3 level ramp. Neither is gated, so not sure how strictly the parking fee is/can be enforced.

Reserved 2Q at Bonvoy Escapes weekend rate, and received upgrade to King suite (510) at check-in. Room was in northeast corner of hotel, with floor to ceiling windows in living space (same view as described above). True suite, with separate bedroom and living area, including Q pull-out sofa, dining table with 4 chairs, wet bar, and not-particularly-functional (but fun) cushioned stool seating at windows. Bathroom included spa tub within glass-enclosed shower area and toilet separated by door. No robes. Aveda toiletries. Amply spacious for our family of four - layout at foyer did feel a bit barren (no furnishings through entry "hallway" until you turned the corner).

Service from front desk and hotel staff was consistently friendly; in app text requests for additional bedding and towels were addressed promptly. Furnishings generally were in good shape, though on close inspection a few things not in 100% repair (e.g. chandelier lighting over the dining table started flashing like a strobe light when dimmer switch increased; a knob on the left bedroom sconce was missing) which was a bit surprising given that hotel is less than 2 years old. Room was for the *most* part clean. We did find noticeable debris (e.g. chip crumbs, hair) on the floor and living area carpet suggesting that suite had not been fully cleaned... yet. Shortly after we arrived, two staff from housekeeping services actually entered our room without knocking. They were as surprised as we were to see us. I suspect that front desk may have checked us into the suite "early" and did not let the housekeeping team know, and perhaps they had not yet finished their work, including vacuuming? (one had a clipboard, and thought I heard her mention something about inspection as she hurriedly and apologetically scurried out of the room).

Platinum breakfast benefit is 2 x vouchers for $15 for use in the attached restaurant Eldr+Rime which operates a "market" counter in the morning from 6-10 am, which offers Stone Creek coffee, pastries, and made-to-order breakfast dishes (made in open restaurant kitchen). You can take and go, or eat in the bar area (main restaurant seating is roped off). Food was great. (Most "entrees" were $6-12 and coffee was $3-5, so you feasibly can make one voucher work for one person, depending on appetite.) Ate at Eldr+Rime night before as well, and had similarly enjoyable experience. General theme seems to be loosely inspired by Scandinavian culture. No mention of executive lounge. Bar in lobby located between reception and restaurant was closed on Friday night (though bar area within Eldr+Rime was hopping). Might be an odd thing to comment on, but I have to say that the restrooms in the lobby were some of the most stylish I've seen in a general hotel space in some time.

Globally a positive experience, and wouldn't hesitate to return. This is more suburban Milwaukee, so wouldn't necessarily be a great choice for those visiting area to see downtown attractions, but would definitely be a nicer alternative to the numerous options in the Brookfield/Bluemound Road area for a Brewers game or the zoo.
dgreen12 and kennycrudup like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I've stayed at this property 3 times now (once for nearly a month) and have always been treated well by the staff. I have to be in suburban MKE several times a year and this is (now) my go-to property in the area.

Originally Posted by LSEGallipot
Neither [parking] is gated, so not sure how strictly the parking fee is/can be enforced.
I guess they have plate-readers and scan the lot; the first night on my just-finished stay I'd forgotten to register my rental (done via QR code) and got a Courtesy Notice reminding me to register (presumably before they start ticketing).
[upgraded to] King suite (510) at check-in. ... No robes.
They are nice suites- those floor-to-ceiling views (even if it's just mostly the mall, but as this is the Midwest, it goes all the way to the horizon ) are quite nice, and there's a robe in the closet now.
... but would definitely be a nicer alternative to the numerous options in the Brookfield/Bluemound Road area
I had so many issues with the Sheraton Brookfield (the rates there were pretty good, but you definitely Get What You Pay For) I actually brought it up with my Ambassador, and won't stay there again unless there's no other choice.
LSEGallipot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.