Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Stay at Petra Marriott as the 2nd guest using 35K FN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonor Gold, Hertz President's Circle

I understand that Bonvoy FN technically is not transferrable, but can add myself as the second guest using 35/50K FN from others' accounts. This has never been an issue in the US.

I wonder how strict it is for Mariott properties in Middle East, such as Jordan or Israel. Petra Marriott charges 100 JOD for each additional guests beyond 2. If I book myself as the second guest, will I have to pay the 100 JOD for my travel companion, who is not the account holder of the FN?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by epicurus
I understand that Bonvoy FN technically is not transferrable, but can add myself as the second guest using 35/50K FN from others' accounts. This has never been an issue in the US.

I wonder how strict it is for Mariott properties in Middle East, such as Jordan or Israel. Petra Marriott charges 100 JOD for each additional guests beyond 2. If I book myself as the second guest, will I have to pay the 100 JOD for my travel companion, who is not the account holder of the FN?
So neither of you is the acct holder of the FN certificate. Somewhat risky, may work, may not.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
So neither of you is the acct holder of the FN certificate. Somewhat risky, may work, may not.
I am currently traveling around Egypt and Jordan and would not recommend this because they do ask to check for passports and most likely will ask where the account holder is if they are not with you. Additionally they’ll charge for the third person as Islam and local laws are very strict about this.

I will be staying at the Marriott in Petra tomorrow though!
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonor Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks! Regarding the charge for the 3rd person, it is clearly spelled out on Petra Marriott's website but not as explicit in other Marriott/Hyatt hotels I booked in this region. Do you know if the additional charge is a common practice?

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I am currently traveling around Egypt and Jordan and would not recommend this because they do ask to check for passports and most likely will ask where the account holder is if they are not with you. Additionally, they’ll charge for the third person as Islam and local laws are very strict about this.

I will be staying at the Marriott in Petra tomorrow though!
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks! Regarding the charge for the 3rd person, it is clearly spelled out on Petra Marriott's website but not as explicit in other Marriott/Hyatt hotels I booked in this region. Do you know if the additional charge is a common practice?
It's common in many hotels, not just in the middle east.
SPN Lifer and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:34 pm

Did you end up doing this? What was the result?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.