Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotels in Europe to book this Feb before Deval?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 35K

Hi everyone,

As of this spring, I will be based out of Warsaw for work. I already have 6 long weekends that I could potentially blow my 450K points and 2 free night certs on. Are there any outsized redemptions that I should lock in before Bonvoy goes dynamic pricing? London and Berlin (looking at Hotel Luc) are definitely two cities I’d like to go to, but open to additional suggestions. Ideally within a direct flight to Warsaw or doable in 3 nights. Location is very important for us, and we want to be no more than 20 minutes within the main tourist attractions. Would be travelling with my wife and I have Titanium status FWIW. Already have a trip to Le Merdien Maldives booked!

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Marriott promised that 97% of hotels would staying within their current range for 2022.

It seems to me that high-end hotels in the US and the ultra-luxury usual suspects (Maldives, etc.) will be the ones chomping at the bit to jack up award prices.

Can't really think of too many European hotels whose prices might explode. Sardinia? Something on a Greek island? London and Berlin should be fine, as there are so many options to choose from.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Marriott promised that 97% of hotels would staying within their current range for 2022.
90% of 8000 or so marriott properties are generic basic hotels.. if a third of the remaining properties go up it will be quite a blow - those will be 250 hotels you probably want to stay in..
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:46 am

Hotels in Bodrum, Turkey would be wise to lock in now.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
42 of Europe's 758 Marriott hotels are cat 8 (that seems ludicrously high, incidentally).

Looking through the list a lot can routinely be had for $200-400 a night, but the more expensive ones likely to go up would be:
St Regis Florence
Ritz-Carlton Hotel de la Paix, Geneva
Hotel de Berri, Paris
Prince de Galles, Paris
Hotel Cala de Volpe, Sardinia
Hotel Pitrizza, Sardinia
Hotel Romazzino, Sardinia
Cervo Hotel, Sardinia
Mystique, Santorini
Vedema, Santorini
Hotel Danieli (if it's kept)
The Gritti Palace
W Verbier (when in season)

If you want a trip to Mykonos or Sardinia you have some obvious choices. If not, I'd look at the St Regis Florence and the Gritti Palace.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by imverge
Hotels in Bodrum, Turkey would be wise to lock in now.
You think so? My guess is they’ll remain as part of the 97%, however next year see a sharp increase for Summer ‘23 when the move to fully dynamic is complete
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:10 am

I have a 7 night award reservation at Le Meridien for this summer and the daily cash rate is 419 EUR = 2933 EUR = ($4200 CAD).

My 7 night redemption cost me 210K points

I highly doubt I will get better value with dynamic pricing.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
I have a 7 night award reservation at Le Meridien for this summer and the daily cash rate is 419 EUR = 2933 EUR = ($4200 CAD).

My 7 night redemption cost me 210K points

I highly doubt I will get better value with dynamic pricing.
What Le Meridien, out of interest?
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000
What Le Meridien, out of interest?
Bodrum , Turkey
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:53 am

I saw on a travel blog that the autograph collection hotel in Rome the Pantheon is going up by more than 30,000 pts. Some friends stayed right when it opened and said it was awesome. Of course that was several years ago. But pictures of the hard product look solid. That is smack dab in tourist-central so something to consider given your stated requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.