Search

Double Elite Night Promo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:13 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Double Elite Night Promo

Just registered for the double elite night promo.

Limited-time offer: Earn toward unlimited bonus points and Elite Night Credits.

• Register now, then earn from February 8 through May 4, 2022. Registration ends April 20, 2022.
  • Get 1,000 bonus points and one additional Elite Night Credit each night — all with no earning limits.
  • Achieve Elite status and elevated benefits with twice the Elite Night Credits.
  • Redeem your bonus points for free nights, unrivaled Marriott Bonvoy Moments™ experiences, and so much more.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seat38a
Just registered for the double elite night promo.
2022 Q1 Global Promo : “Every Night Counts Even More” Feb 8 - May 4

David
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
What are the chances of this offer being repeated in 2023?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
What are the chances of this offer being repeated in 2023?
I’d say 50/50.
Intl359Widget and gudugan like this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
I have been targeted to earn double nights until end of Feb. I would say odds are not good.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I have been targeted to earn double nights until end of Feb. I would say odds are not good.
Any idea what criteria they might have used to target you?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Any idea what criteria they might have used to target you?
LOL how can he possibly know this?
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
LOL how can he possibly know this?
Anyone would be able to make an informed and educated guess: maybe he was a very regular guest who stopped? Maybe he has just become a regular guest for the first time? Maybe he has spent and unusually high or low amount with M of late? Maybe he has just taken or surrendered an associated credit card account? Maybe he has colleagues / friends / a partner who have / have not also been offered the promotion and they have discussed similarities / divergences in their travel patterns. Like most things in life, it's really not that hard when you think about it carefully....
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
That is a decent targeted promo, congrats.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Anyone would be able to make an informed and educated guess: maybe he was a very regular guest who stopped? Maybe he has just become a regular guest for the first time? Maybe he has spent and unusually high or low amount with M of late? Maybe he has just taken or surrendered an associated credit card account? Maybe he has colleagues / friends / a partner who have / have not also been offered the promotion and they have discussed similarities / divergences in their travel patterns. Like most things in life, it's really not that hard when you think about it carefully....
Exactly, there are about 1000 things it could plausibly be from most likely ie: stay patterns, spend, location, to social media, demographics. Trying to guess what without the faintest clue from Marriott is like trying to guess winning lottery ticket numbers. Even if we had a ton of data it would be almost impossible to discern patterns as Marriott likely adds some randomness as well.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Except with Marriott, these targeted promos seem to be totally random. People speculate that they aren’t getting them because they are giving too much business to Marriott.

I got one last month even though I had 28 upcoming reservations in the next 4 months (Nov to Feb) and it’s all leisure travel. My travel is as random as Marriott promos. I go wherever I find an airfare deal. In that period, I had hotels booked in the US, Africa, Europe and Asia. (Nothing for Australia, NZ or China though. Could that be it? ) I had some hotels booked that I’ve been to before, and some new ones.

Maybe they targeted me because I stopped booking hotels in BC because I can now leave Canada. I was doing 5 trips/yr to BC in 2020 and 2021 because it was the furthest I could go from Toronto.

But I was so booked up from Nov ‘22 to Feb ‘23 that I couldn’t fit in any new trips or my dog would disown me. My targeted promo is double pts if my stay includes a Friday or Saturday. I couldn’t even change anything to get more points (unlike the current global promo where I changed hotels to max out on brands and sometimes on stays).

Why I was targeted? I haven’t a clue!
ftrichard, ryw, gudugan and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:40 am

"about 1000 things" LOL. No. About 15.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Well, I had nearly 40 future stays booked when the offer came in. The only thing that I did out of the ordinary was that I had been booking and cancelling between Marriott and Hilton whenever rates decreased or when the United shopping portal was offering bonus miles in which case I would cancel and rebook.

I have never had 2 promos doubled up to earn 3 x elite nights per night in the last decade which is why I said the odds aren't good.
margarita girl and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
2019 targeted double nights may - august
2020 targeted double nights march - may (maybe this wasn't utilized heavily)
2021 global double night double points for stays of 2+ nights February 16 - April 27
2022 global double night Feb 8 - May 4
I had a targeted double elite night from July 19 to October 19 2022 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34437366-post140.html
valdor also got double elite night until end of Feb 2023 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34749020-post196.html

Since there's overlap I don't think we will see this in the Q1 promo. Maybe in the Q3 promo?
SPN Lifer, m.photog and HFHFFlyer like this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 11:03 pm

What are the chances of the 2022 and 2023 promotion for double elite nights being repeated again in 2024?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.