Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis 30,000 points welcome amenity (?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist

"Member Rate Limited Time Offer, includes breakfast for up to 2 guests, Up to 30,000 points welcome amenity, see Rate details"

I saw this when looking at the St. Regis Osaka. Nothing in the rate details explained it (at least as far as I could find). Typo, or some super promotion I have never heard of?
msp3 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
It’s quite common for hotels to have rates with additional points included. Note also that it says “up to” which likely means you need to stay multiple nights to avail the entire 30k
SPN Lifer and JapanFlyerT like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
As this is Marriott my instinct would be that you get 30K points for the Presidential Suite (yes, that would make the room-based description totally misleading).
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Love how it says "see Rate Details" and then provides none.

Just email the hotel and ask for details. Oh wait, never mind.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
As this is Marriott my instinct would be that you get 30K points for the Presidential Suite (yes, that would make the room-based description totally misleading).
It's not a St Regis but I randomly booked a rate at a Marriott once that included 15000 United miles for a week long stay. On a base room! Stranger things than a 30k promo have happened!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My *guess* would be that "up to 30,000 points" means 3,000 points per night for up to a ten night stay or something similar. I would also guess that this is a nonrefundable prepaid rate based on comparisons to the other rates for the same room category.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: JL JGP (OWE), NH SFC (*G), Mariott Titanium
One of the Bonvoy hotels in Kyoto is offering a 60k plan, though the room rate is roughly 2x compared to St Regis Osaka.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
We have a corporate rate at St. Regis Osaka that includes 3k points per night (as a special), so as others have said, for multiple nights something like that folded into a general Bonvoy member rate could add up to 30k points. YMMV.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:48 am

here ya go
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by AggressiveAsian

here ya go
20-30'000 bonus points PER NIGHT? Now that's a deal...
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Depending on the circumstances, it could be a straight on deal.

.... or an unethical steal.

How much more does that 20k-30k bonus points rate cost individuals/employers/clients than the cheapest available rate for the same room for the same night(s)?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
How much more does that 20k-30k bonus points rate cost individuals/employers/clients than the cheapest available rate for the same room for the same night(s)?
I was thinking the same and did quick random search for Feb 7 and 22. Interestingly 20k-30k bonus rate is the lowest website published rate at least for those two dates (not factoring corporate discounts).
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Yeah, wow. Crazy. Maybe the property has a massive stash of discretionary/goodwill points that it never has a reason to give away ordinarily?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by kerufin
One of the Bonvoy hotels in Kyoto is offering a 60k plan, though the room rate is roughly 2x compared to St Regis Osaka.
That LC Mitsui Kyoto property offers 60k/stay vs StR Osaka 30k/night.

Couple related questions:
On a separate note how much does MR charge hotels to buy points?
Is there a separate FT thread that shows all properties offering similar/high bonus point rates?
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mileageking
I was thinking the same and did quick random search for Feb 7 and 22. Interestingly 20k-30k bonus rate is the lowest website published rate at least for those two dates (not factoring corporate discounts).
If you book for 5 or more nights, there's a cheaper advertised rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.