Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott 48 Hour Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Marriott 48 Hour Guarantee

For any Titanium/Ambassador Elites booking 48 hours before arrival, have you found the room rates to be exorbitantly high? I know it depends on the Property, but for more budget friendly hotels, I'm wondering if these 48 Hour rates are much higher than normal rates.

I'm trying to book a hotel in the LA area for President's day weekend, and most hotels are sold out and the few available are too expensive. I'm just wondering if I should wait 48 Hours before, but I'm also thinking the room rates are going to be astronomically high. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by sfflyer415
For any Titanium/Ambassador Elites booking 48 hours before arrival, have you found the room rates to be exorbitantly high? I know it depends on the Property, but for more budget friendly hotels, I'm wondering if these 48 Hour rates are much higher than normal rates.

I'm trying to book a hotel in the LA area for President's day weekend, and most hotels are sold out and the few available are too expensive. I'm just wondering if I should wait 48 Hours before, but I'm also thinking the room rates are going to be astronomically high. Thanks for the feedback.
considering the hotel may walk someone in this situation if that is the actual reason for the rates, they would want the cost of that walk to fall on you so i wouldn't expect the rate to drop much unless something crazy happens
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Why would you wait until 48 hours before arrival? To get the benefit, you need to make the reservation MORE THAN 48 hours in advance.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why would you wait until 48 hours before arrival? To get the benefit, you need to make the reservation MORE THAN 48 hours in advance.
Oh I guess I misunderstood this benefit. But if the Hotel is unavailable online, do I call an Agent to use this 48 Hour Guarantee benefit?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
But if the Hotel is unavailable online, do I call an Agent to use this 48 Hour Guarantee benefit?
If the hotel has not excluded itself from the 48 hour res guarantee, the rack rate should appear on the bonvOY website as long as you are signed in to your Tit/Amb account.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Tanic
If the hotel has not excluded itself from the 48 hour res guarantee, the rack rate should appear on the bonvOY website as long as you are signed in to your Tit/Amb account.
If you don't see it when logged in, call Marriott. If this doesn't work and travel isn't right away, contact one of the lurkers/champions here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.