FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
2222 North Stemmons Freeway Dallas, Texas 75207 +1 214-631-2222
Print Wikipost

Renaissance Dallas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Renaissance Dallas [Master Thread]

Odd that this hotel doesn't have a thread - oh, well, guess I can be the first! Yes, I am talking about the lipstick-shaped Renaissance on 35E.

This eye-catching property has been on my list for a while since it's just so odd-looking.

First annoyance - asked about suites (available online) and got the "no suites available" response. I really need to start pulling out my phone during these encounters - I try to not be pushy but I think I'm going to start being more assertive. I guess the reason was that a wedding was going on on the day of checkout, but still, at least, negotiate on late checkout.

Second annoyance - Housekeeping comes in right after I check in - was the room not cleaned fully?

Third annoyance - the TV remote didn't work, so the TV was just stuck on until Engineering came to fix it.

Oh, well...

My Club King on the 26th floor (Club is on 27) did face Downtown, so the view was good (despite a very dirty window). The bed was pretty comfortable with soft sheets. The room is well-styled, IMO. The leather chaise lounge looked good but was a bit hard to get comfortable on. Climate control was a bit drastic - it was either really cold or really hot. Bathroom shower had good pressure. Area around sink was far too small for Texas (more like NYC).

The club has evening and breakfast service during the week (not sure what Elites do for breakfast on weekends). Coffee machine in club was out of order the whole time. Tiramisu in the evenings was pretty good. Breakfast was lame - pastries and a single hot item - an okay egg and chicken sausage biscuit. I'm going to be sad when more hotels open their clubs and stop offering restaurant breakfasts (although, I have had better club breakfasts).
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Yes, I am talking about the lipstick-shaped Renaissance on 35E.
Actually, it's the Bic lighter-shaped Renaissance on 35E.
DELee likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
Actually, it's the Bic lighter-shaped Renaissance on 35E.
I wonder what it says about me that it screamed lipstick - truthfully, I don't think I've ever seen a lighter up close :-)
Old Dec 31, 2021, 6:30 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

"The building was designed by architect Dahl Braden Chapman. Variously nicknamed 'The Bic,' 'The Bic Lighter,' 'The Stick,' 'The Speedstick,' and 'The Mennen Speedstick.'"
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: Some/Most/All
(not sure what Elites do for breakfast on weekends)
Pre-pandemic, it was free continental buffet in the restaurant, with an upcharge for the hot side of the buffet.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I wonder what it says about me that it screamed lipstick - truthfully, I don't think I've ever seen a lighter up close :-)
Originally Posted by dayone
"The building was designed by architect Dahl Braden Chapman. Variously nicknamed 'The Bic,' 'The Bic Lighter,' 'The Stick,' 'The Speedstick,' and 'The Mennen Speedstick.'"
Yeah I don't think so... I grew up in DFW and never would have considered that to be anything other than lipstick. what Bic lighter has an angled top like that anyhow?
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBKettle
Pre-pandemic, it was free continental buffet in the restaurant, with an upcharge for the hot side of the buffet.
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Yeah I don't think so... I grew up in DFW and never would have considered that to be anything other than lipstick. what Bic lighter has an angled top like that anyhow?
THANK YOU - I'm so glad I'm not the only one :-) I must admit there is something satisfying about looking at the pink granite walls up close - very smooth.
platbrownguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.