Wiki Posts
Search

Changing Reward booking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Changing Reward booking

Hi all

i have a points booking at the Westin Dubai for from 28th December for 7 nights. I had to cancel before 28th November otherwise I will be charged 1 night which is around £1000. I need to cancel this reservation now, but if I change it to another date, would I still be charged?

thank you

Ben
Old Dec 26, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's probably a New Years Eve restriction, in which case you probably can't change dates.

On a paid rate, you would call the hotel and ask for flexibility.

With points, you need to talk to Bonvoy, who might do nothing beyond what their computer screen tells them about the cancellation policy of the hotel.

I would enquire as to whether you can forfeit one night's worth of points instead of the cash rate, though. That might work...
Old Dec 26, 2021, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that

Bonvoy weren’t very helpful at all! I’m hoping the hotel will let me have a bit of flexibility. Would it be unusual to be charged in points rather then cash?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: None - previously UA
It’s entirely at the hotels discretion now. Cash no show charges are typical.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fodenben
Thanks for that

Bonvoy weren’t very helpful at all! I’m hoping the hotel will let me have a bit of flexibility. Would it be unusual to be charged in points rather then cash?
I don't think any individual hotel has much ability to deal with changing points reservations.

Of course maybe they feel that they could resell the room for cash and would be happy to accept the cancellation of a points booking.

All you can do is call the hotel and ask to speak to a manager.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.