Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Customer Service…Goodbye Lifetime Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Customer Service…Goodbye Lifetime Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This is a vacationclub property so may have different cancellation terms. However I also checked this property and even for discounted member and owner rates it has a 2 night policy with 1 night + tax penalty. So should be pretty simple for the OP assuming they have their original confirmation email which should have the rate rules and cancellation policy clearly spelled out.

Will be interested to hear back how this is resolved.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, UAL Lifetime Gold
We may hear back how this gets resolved but it’s not likely. The OP will DM the Lurker, it will get resolved and we will never know what happened. This happens way too often, the Lurkers here really need to be transparent, now will they start being ? Not likely …
mikebor likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy
I do not believe it should be the Lurkers that tell us how this was resolved. In my opinion it should be the OP.

No expectations for Lurkers to be transparent. They have helped me on a couple of occasions over the years and I was very happy with the resolutions.
dgreen12, SPN Lifer, rylan and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by 4getofn
we will never know what happened. This happens way too often, the Lurkers here really need to be transparent, now will they start being ? Not likely …
No.

Private communications between company representatives and FT members are confidential, and should remain so.

It is absolutely not their role to broadcast case outcomes.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
not really sure status should make a meaningful difference, as you should expect to be bound by the rate terms and conditions. I’m Ambassador elite but I wouldn’t expect to be granted special dispensation.
Actually one of the unpublished benefits for (old) Marriott Plat was the ability to cancel without penalty inside the cancel deadline. I was told within the last couple years this was still an available perk for Titanium, but YMMV.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA MM
It couldn't have been a prepaid rate otherwise there wouldn't have been a charge after the no-show. He/she had already paid for the stay if it really was pre-paid.
duluthDL, Twickenham and benfro6 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
It couldn't have been a prepaid rate otherwise there wouldn't have been a charge after the no-show. He/she had already paid for the stay if it really was pre-paid.
not necessarily. Had a few prepaid rates (non cancellable) where the hotel didn’t charge until arrival.
ecofreak and craigthemif like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not looking for specific details, just perhaps something later from the OP that the issue was resolved (or not) to their satisfaction.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
the only thing my lifetime platinum card is good for is cutting lines. I stay elsewhere.

they have lost 50K a year and don't care. Neither do I.

#Moveon.
Bravada04 and Violin1990 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, UAL Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
No.

Private communications between company representatives and FT members are confidential, and should remain so.

It is absolutely not their role to broadcast case outcomes.
Thank you for your opinion …
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I have booked award and pay stays with free cancellation 48h before check-in. However the current situation makes it impossible to stick to it: e.g. we need a negative test max one day before we fly to the US. I called the Titanium line and the agent said I can cancel for free if I wasn't able to fly due to Covid. I don't believe in what one agent said so I decided to cancel and did my test and rebook last minute once it's cleared.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
First time I've seen the words ethical and Las Vegas in the same sentence, however I agree with a previous poster. If Marriott refuse to come to the party, initiate a chargeback and move on. Nothing to lose if you don't ever want to stay again.
Violin1990 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
mistake
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:00 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
No.

Private communications between company representatives and FT members are confidential,
Where do I find this rule?
olouie likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:23 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by 4getofn
We may hear back how this gets resolved but it’s not likely. The OP will DM the Lurker, it will get resolved and we will never know what happened. This happens way too often, the Lurkers here really need to be transparent, now will they start being ? Not likely …
Originally Posted by acalispice
Lifetime Platinum here…Had a stay scheduled for Marriott Grand Chateau in Las Vegas last month. I had to cancel the night before check-in due to testing positive for COVID. Called agent to cancel, said no problem, and booking was canceled. Simple as that. This month I get credit card statement with bill from hotel for over $1700. Called Marriott to inquire about the charge. Was told I had booked a prepaid rate (WHICH I DIDN’T), and that $1700 was non-refundable. 4 telephone calls later with Marriott and also the property,..No budge. Have sent emails and written letters…No one at the property or Marriott will respond. I would think there would be options for someone testing positive for COVID…Honoring the cancellation with no charge, credit funds for future stay, etc. But nothing from Marriott or the property. Guess I should have just went ahead and traveled to Vegas to infect who knows how many people at the hotel. SO DISAPPOINTED IN MARRIOTT…PARTICULARLY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ((oh, did I mention one of the reps hung- up on me, and a different one essentially called me ignorant)).

Oh well, I took my ignorant business to another entity, and have already reached Globalist status (Hello Hyatt)! I must say I have been very impressed with Hyatt this far. I doubt that Marriott is sad to see me go, heck, from what I gathered in my Las Vegas Grand Chateau experience…I am sure they haven’t noticed as they assume someone who had COVID and and out of an abundance of caution (and ethical behavior) chose to cancel a reservation is ‘ignorant’

Sorry, Marriott…Was hoping you would come through and do the right thing…But I guess in the end, it was just that…(False) hope….
OP, please let us know how you get this resolved!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.