Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Nashville, TN [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
W Nashville, TN [Master Thread]

Looks like I'm the first to post a trip report - apologies if there is already another thread that I couldn't find.

Interesting place that is definitely still working out some kinks.

Location: The property is in the Gulch (right by the Thompson), which is a popular location during "brunch" hours but can be kind of slow at night. Personally, I loved it since it's right next to Emmy Squared (delicious Detroit-style pizza), but note the 8-block walk to the "honky tonk" district down Broadway.

Property: 13-story building with two restaurants (I'm not sure if the Italian chophouse is actually affiliated with the hotel), a rooftop bar on the 13th floor, and a (surprisingly large) pool deck on the 2nd floor. There is a small room in the lobby called "The Den" that has keycard access for Elite guests (the FDA said suite guests, but I'm sure she meant Elite) and is stocked with a small espresso machine, sodas, Fiji waters, and oranges. I believe the top 2 floors (11 and 12) aren't finished (all lights on at night), and the 12th floor had unfinished hallway wallpaper and construction debris on the carpet.

Room: I was upgraded to a Fabulous King several days before arrival and asked about suites (many categories for sale online) at check-in. The FDA asked if I used an SNA, I said no because I planned on asking at check-in. The FDA asked another employee, and they upgraded me one category higher to a Wonderful Studio. Many suite types that were in the SNA pool (Fabulous Suites and Marvelous Suites) were still available online, so they definitely don't seem to be forthcoming with upgrades. The Wonderful Studio was on the 4th floor in the bend of the hotel facing several parking lots and power lines. The room was shaped like a triangle, so there was room for a large, guitar-shaped couch. Bathroom was completely open (there were some sliding doors, though). Shower was very nice with high-pressure rainfall head. Bed was amazing with new-style W linens and fluffy mattress that I also saw at the W Philadelphia (I think these are my favorite hotel linens). TV was large with latest smart OS. There was a real working desk. Several Engineering shortfalls - poor drain performance in the sink, loud bang when the climate control system would shut off (very startling), very dirty exterior windows. I'll bring these issues up at check-out.

Breakfast: Elite breakfast was served in the attached restaurant (The Dutch). For most of the meal, I was the only diner (despite this, I never was offered a refill on my coffee or was checked on during the meal). The voucher specified that it was valid for the "Chef's Breakfast Table", which was $29 on the menu - I didn't ask if the credit could be used for menu items. The breakfast table was a buffet with many "unique" items that had non-traditional flavors (i.e. baked egg in tomato, chocolate custard with passion fruit). Personally, I would have preferred a more traditional selection with scrambled eggs and pancakes, but I would imagine that some guests with more sophisticated palettes would appreciate this selection.

Service: Despite the upgrade annoyance, the front desk staff was pretty friendly (they consistently said hello, good morning, welcome back, etc. as guests passed by the entrance). No issue with late check-out.

Conclusion: I would stay here again just for the amazing bedding and deal with the aforementioned issues (hopefully, these growing pains can be worked out).

Photos:

3rdworldresident and dcmike like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
This property looks very nice - I am currently booked at the Noelle - I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on which would be better for a first-time visit to Nashville? Is it ok to walk down to the honky-tonk area at night from the W?
Old May 2, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Did a one night stay here as my flight was canceled due to the NYC area flooding.

I booked a Fantastic Suite the morning of the stay for around $550 on an AAA rate. Upon arriving to the hotel it truely is an amazing property design and aesthetic wise (for me at-least). No upgrade at check-in and was offered access to "The Den" which is for Suite holders only, not elite members in general. They did offer a 4PM Check-out immediately which I just asked for 1PM since I had a flight. This is also the first time ever I've been asked to show my AAA card (No issues, just surprising) It's a room next to check-in/general lobby that offers some quiet to read or do work separate from the general lobby. During my stay I didn't see a single soul in there. Given a refillable water bottle and explanation of the property.

Room was great, once again it's my aesthetic with the art and design so no complaints. The hotel seems to be on the quieter side compared to the JW or other Marriott properties closer to Broadway which makes sense I guess. I forgot to check the pool out. The Dutch is a great breakfast venue but on the pricer side.

My only complaint about the property besides no upgrade for a empty hotel on a Sunday-Monday stay? Housekeeping attempted to enter my room at 8:30AM and began going down rooms after mine obviously looking for those who left early.
Old May 2, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dcmike
This property looks very nice - I am currently booked at the Noelle - I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on which would be better for a first-time visit to Nashville? Is it ok to walk down to the honky-tonk area at night from the W?
The Noelle is much closer to the action on Broadway. The food is also very good. However, the Noelle is no longer in the Marriott chain.
dcmike likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pageboy
The Noelle is much closer to the action on Broadway. The food is also very good. However, the Noelle is no longer in the Marriott chain.
Thanks pageboy - we ended up staying at the W and had a great stay. Got good advice at check in - walk down to Broadway, take an Uber back, which worked perfectly.
Old May 2, 2023, 6:37 pm

Stayed at this hotel a couple months ago. As mentioned already, solid hard product. I've aged out of typical Ws but this one was not as dark or loud as the older ones. Service seemed fine. Friendly. Only received a one category upgrade even though lifetime titanium and the hotel did not seem full at all. Was there for a work event so didn't experience breakfast at the dutch. The refillable water bottle with a still *and sparkling* water station next to the ice station was a great feature.

Really liked the location away from Broadway. Much quieter but still some good restaurants within a very short walk (ate at mockingbird and kayne prime, both delicious and good cocktails at mockingbird)
dcmike likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 9:34 am

Just stayed here. Great hotel but they are catering to bachelor and bachelorette parties. I would never bring my kids here.
Wife and I came to the pool with our kobo's but hard to get any reading/relaxing done when the DJ is blaring beats and the swimming pool is filled like a Vegas pool party.
Not a pool I would ever dunk my head in.
Overall no complaints but just a heads up for anyone considering.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:31 am

Has anyone stayed recently? I booked 3 nights for this upcoming President's Day weekend and I usually like W's, so figured I'd have fun. The breakfast venue at The Dutch seems to have closed permanently, so I was wondering if anyone knows where elite breakfast is being held these days. My SNA (or rather NUAs now) did clear into a Fabulous Suite.

Last edited by tajee165; Feb 14, 2024 at 12:16 pm
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by tajee165
Has anyone stayed recently? I booked 3 nights for this upcoming President's Day weekend and I usually like W's, so figured I'd have fun. The breakfast venue at The Dutch seems to have closed permanently, so I was wondering if anyone knows where elite breakfast is being held these days. My SNA (or rather NUAs now) did not clear into a Fabulous Suite.
They have a small burrito/coffee thing in the lobby, probably a credit to there like they did with The Dutch.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by tajee165
Has anyone stayed recently? I booked 3 nights for this upcoming President's Day weekend and I usually like W's, so figured I'd have fun. The breakfast venue at The Dutch seems to have closed permanently, so I was wondering if anyone knows where elite breakfast is being held these days. My SNA (or rather NUAs now) did not clear into a Fabulous Suite.
Originally Posted by cubeman
They have a small burrito/coffee thing in the lobby, probably a credit to there like they did with The Dutch.
The website says “The Restaurant” is open for breakfast. Looks like the same space.
cubeman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.