Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Tromso (Norway) to open on June 15, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Marriott has in its pipeline a further expansion in Norway.

This upcoming Moxy in Norway will be Marriott’s northern most property when it opens in 2023.

Moxy Tromso
Construction of Moxy Hotels begins in Tromso
Scheduled for Q1 2023 – 200 Rooms
https://www.hospitalitynet.org/annou...xy-tromso.html
Intl359Widget and VSLover like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Great news. Marriott has a laughable footprint in Scandinavia and this needs to change ASAP.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gojko88
Great news. Marriott has a laughable footprint in Scandinavia and this needs to change ASAP.
I was shocked to see just two Moxy properties in Norway… there has to be a demand for a full service property somewhere.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Eh, it's mostly covered by Radisson I guess. People don't usually realise how tiny Norway is in terms of population, even Oslo has a distinctly small town feel compared to Copenhagen or Stockholm. I can imagine Design Hotels thriving along the coast, though.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
Eh, it's mostly covered by Radisson I guess. People don't usually realise how tiny Norway is in terms of population, even Oslo has a distinctly small town feel compared to Copenhagen or Stockholm. I can imagine Design Hotels thriving along the coast, though.
The Moxy in Bergen is really nice though and nicely located near the tram too. I don’t know why I didn’t come here before during Covid when it was much more quieter and no cruise ships.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
The Moxy in Bergen is really nice though and nicely located near the tram too. I don’t know why I didn’t come here before during Covid when it was much more quieter and no cruise ships.
For a moment I wanted to think that maybe the Moxy Tromso had opened ahead of schedule.

How was your Marriott status experience with the Moxy Bergen?

I tend to do the Nordic Choice properties a lot in Norway, including for my Bergen stays. Radisson doesn’t float my boat as well as Choice in Norway or continental Scandinavia in general. And my appreciation for Marriott is more limited than it used to be, especially when it comes to continental Scandinavian stays.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
For a moment I wanted to think that maybe the Moxy Tromso had opened ahead of schedule.

How was your Marriott status experience with the Moxy Bergen?

I tend to do the Nordic Choice properties a lot in Norway, including for my Bergen stays. Radisson doesn’t float my boat as well as Choice in Norway or continental Scandinavia in general. And my appreciation for Marriott is more limited than it used to be, especially when it comes to continental Scandinavian stays.
They recognized my Ambassador status and offered me the choice of points or F&B credit and confirmed my 1600h late checkout request. Other than that my stay was rather pleasant and I had low expectations for a Moxy. The location was convenient and lovely with the sea views as well.

This trip so far has been a Design Hotel, Moxy, and Moxy so you can tell I'm slummin it in Scandinavia.
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 20, 2023, 7:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
I was thinking of Moxy Bergen. But reading TA reviews showed they don't give Elites breakfast but $10 voucher which didn't cover 1/2 of breakfast. Also there's no wardrobe or dresser (got to hang cloth on wall only), no kettle/coffee maker, no table or desk to use laptop (this is awful), etc. And many complaints of bed too hard.

Doesn't sound too inviting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.