Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Email received from Bonvoy : "Personal Ambassador, your single point of contact"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email received from Bonvoy : "Personal Ambassador, your single point of contact"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estedman
I also take Personal Ambassador as my single ambassador not a bunch of different ambassadors.
You could be one of the few exceptions. Lucky you.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by estedman
I also take Personal Ambassador as my single ambassador not a bunch of different ambassadors.
Exactly. It says Personal Ambassador (singular).
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Exactly. It says Personal Ambassador (singular).
You have a Personal Ambassador, just depending on when you email and call you might have a different one assigned /s
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
is this clear enough?

Please be aware, we currently are unaware when our Ambassador Members will be re-assigned a personal Ambassador Member as this information has not been announced. As soon as we receive any updates, we will make sure to let you know. Until then, we will continue to work globally as a team.
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
In the light of subsequent posts, the original thread title "Personal Ambassadors are back" has been updated.
SPN Lifer and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
is this clear enough?

Please be aware, we currently are unaware when our Ambassador Members will be re-assigned a personal Ambassador Member as this information has not been announced. As soon as we receive any updates, we will make sure to let you know. Until then, we will continue to work globally as a team.
it would be clearer if you clarified where that statement came from
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MarkCron
it would be clearer if you clarified where that statement came from
I thought the reference to "our Ambassador Members" and statement that "we will continue to work globally as a team" make it pretty clear.
anteater likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
I thought the reference to "our Ambassador Members" and statement that "we will continue to work globally as a team" make it pretty clear.
My original email said none of that. The whole reason I made this thread and the way they worded it.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Real-world business definition of SPOC = single point person you deal with on all issues

Marriott definition = well you give us a call or send us an email and some person from this group of people will get back to you, at some point, depending on if we see the email and depending on how motivated we are to respond
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Real-world business definition of SPOC = single point person you deal with on all issues

Marriott definition = well you give us a call or send us an email and some person from this group of people will get back to you, at some point, depending on if we see the email and depending on how motivated we are to respond
Yes, it's deceptive. But the real problem is the service levels are not enhanced at all. I wouldn't mind the team approach if they ever actually accomplished anything remotely above and beyond.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Yes, it's deceptive. But the real problem is the service levels are not enhanced at all. I wouldn't mind the team approach if they ever actually accomplished anything remotely above and beyond.
+1

Also today there's almost nothing proactive. It'd be nice to see more proactive outreach.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:54 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Has anyone not an Ambassador received any communication from Marriott in the last few months? I can see the argument that relative to what some property developers in Utah consider a cost effective cost Center that some ambassadors who often return emails represents personal service.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Today Marriott sent me an email inviting me to participate in a survey about my experiences/opinions regarding the Ambassador program.

Did anyone else get this?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:56 pm

Its a double edged sword. When covid happened all those previously overworked ambassadors(I knew of people who had 300+ guests they were responsible for but that was late 2020 just before the wuflu hit the scene) were sitting completely idle. Had they kept them all on pay roll til everyone decided to travel again(keep in mind many of the large firms STILL aren't allowing travel) it would have been a huge financial burden at a time when they had very few if any hotels running at anywhere near capacity. It was a tough decision but one that I understand.

Fast forward to approx spring break 2021 some places are loosening restrictions and people are sick of the restrictions and flee en mass to Florida(literally every hotel in Florida was packed) and all these super understanding guests expect the world was just sitting idle all that time waiting for them to come back to traveling. Well it doesn't work like that. It takes time to retrain and rehire if you can even get people. If I had a dime for every time I heard the phrase "I understand covid and all, but(insert complaint here that shows they clearly have no clue how covid impacted the company and industry as a whole...or seemingly the world beyond their personal whims here)...." I'd have a nice chunk of money.

It's been rough and its going to continue to be rough. The world isn't the place it was before all this insanity started.
WillTravel4Food likes this.

Last edited by thebackcourse; Nov 10, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Today Marriott sent me an email inviting me to participate in a survey about my experiences/opinions regarding the Ambassador program.

Did anyone else get this?
Yes, me too. Debating whether I can be bothered with the time to be honest, I’m not sure they’ll take on the feedback I give them anyway and have already decided Bonvoy is no longer for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.