Original Poster

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Week of Wonders from 7th October

Hi everyone.
Are there any rumours about that?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
It's not just an EMEA thing, that is just the EMEA landing site.
If it is like last year should be called "Weak on Wonders"
Some rather ordinary marketing offers for a week - one day was discounts on rooms, then discounts of bedding.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 3:15 pm

I hope on the final day of that week we all will get the missing LTP year. Now THAT would be a real wonder.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by red star
I hope on the final day of that week we all will get the missing LTP year. Now THAT would be a real wonder.
Ok, it's Week of Wonders not Month of Miracles
renila, dgreen12, bosman and 8 others like this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
have a number of stays coming up so any promo will be helpful....
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
FT members who just can't contain their excitement can look at what happened during last years "Week of Wonders".

Marriott Bonvoy Celebrates its Members Launching a Week of Wonders with Enticing and Rich Offers, Inspiring Travel and Video Experiences   | Marriott News Center

Prepare for "Seven days of Awe" ....
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FT members who just can't contain their excitement can look at what happened during last years "Week of Wonders".

Marriott Bonvoy Celebrates its Members Launching a Week of Wonders with Enticing and Rich Offers, Inspiring Travel and Video Experiences   | Marriott News Center

Prepare for "Seven days of Awe" ....
Old Oct 6, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
There are some decent savings if you're looking to travel in the next month or so. Plus a 2000 point (one time?) bonus for a paid stay using a Marriott CC.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 11:23 pm

Week of Wonders has launched, and one of the "wonders" is off peak pricing at a number of properties for the month of October. Of course like last year, this isn't all properties.

I found one that has off peak pricing, but of course Marriott's system is not allowing a booking to go through either on the web or in the app.

Edit - and now I have 14 reservations for the same nights from clicking "Book Now" over and over...!!!
margarita girl and gojko88 like this.

Last edited by joeags; Oct 6, 2021 at 11:34 pm
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:45 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by joeags

Edit - and now I have 14 reservations for the same nights from clicking "Book Now" over and over...!!!
Aha, that explains it, I was racking my brain trying to figure out how 50% of Marriotts are still standard or peak this October - given that even in the US where vaccines are widespread, business travel has not yet returned and the summer vacation travel surge has ended. Clearly its people like you filling up the hotels due to the crappy IT
renila and margarita girl like this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Promo link :

Week of Wonders by Marriott Bonvoy® in North America (US)
Incredible Destinations. Extraordinary Experiences. - Marriott Bonvoy™ EMEA (EMEA)

Includes a 55% points-purchase bonus promo for all elites, which is a bit of a slap for those who just recently bought at their "discover your exclusive special rate" of 45%.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Oct 7, 2021 at 6:04 am
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:30 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Includes a 55% points-purchase bonus promo for all elites, which is a bit of a slap for those who just recently bought at their "discover your exclusive special rate" of 45%.
Wasn't it 60% a year or less ago? Anyways, I still recall the Starwood promo which was 50% discount which equates to 0.0175 per point back then (per 3 points for Marriott nowadays). Inflation is not being taken into account here.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:36 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Does the credit card offer work for anyone? The link just boots me back to the home page.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:38 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
"Between Oct. 7 and 14, Marriott cobranded credit card holders can register to earn 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per stay that is completed by Nov. 21, 2021. All Marriott credit cardholders are eligible for the bonus so long as their stay includes at least one paid night. The promotion should apply to all Marriott stays around the globe.

That said, Marriott tells TPG that this promotion is not retroactive. You must register for the promotion and then book and complete your upcoming stay for the bonus points.

Thankfully, this promotion stacks with Marriott’s ongoing global promotion that awards up to 3,000 bonus points per stay. Members earn 3,000 bonus points per stay on all-inclusive stays and 1,500 points per stay at all other properties. This means you’ll earn a 5,000-point bonus if you book an all-inclusive stay. This promotion runs through Dec. 21, 2021."

Need to rebook? Not even worth it.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
That said, Marriott tells TPG that this promotion is not retroactive. You must register for the promotion and then book and complete your upcoming stay for the bonus points.
Marriott never misses an opportunity to piss off customers all so they can save a few cents.
WasKnown likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.