Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Phuket Town, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

It is converted from Metropole Hotel Phuket : https://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Rev...wn_Phuket.html
Opening prices are very nice.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Contact to hotel : phone +66 76 643 555,
email: [email protected] ,
[email protected] /HR department but you can ask about different email/,
[email protected] /Hotel Manager/,
[email protected] /Front Desk Manager/
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Actual restaurant & bar menu : Menu Talung Lounge PoolBar Food Krua Talad Yai
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
We recently stayed here, in order to be close to the pier for Phi Phi ferry boat. Lovely hotel stay, cost 2,198 THB all in, free b/f as we are Platinum members. Breakfast was amazing. Hotel not very busy. 😊
nexus7556 and NoY like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:45 am
Original Poster

I understand that you use word 'amazing' becouse I think your country of Bonvoy is USA, for us I will use 'average' breakfast.
Most of staffs don't understand simply sentences in english, for example in restaurant if we ask that 'mush potatoes' have addition of butter, what kinds of soups do they have on the menu, try to told room number 'twelve-eighteen' ... Still at day you can hear construction works as hammer drill on same floors and smell of the paint at corridors. Upgrade only one level up.
You can't order anything at night to eat, room service finish at 10pm as is written at room-dinning menu but last order is at 9:30pm and you don't find anywere this info.

Our price 1,765 all in, included two way transfer and breakfast and 2x300THB credit per day as welcome gift /2x10USD/.

@luxk69 : yes, you have right, corrected. This is second stay in Courtyard in my life I don't like this brand of hotels.

Last edited by HHQX888; Feb 18, 2022 at 10:41 am
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: Marriott, Lufthansa Miles&More, Accor
When contacting the hotel, I was told that breakfast was not included for Platinum elite and above but F&B credit of 300thb/p/night as welcome gift. So good for you

Back from Courtyard. update. as of Feb, they also offer free breakfast as welcome gift upon getting approval from Headoffice.
rt23456p likes this.

Last edited by luxk69; Mar 20, 2022 at 4:20 am
Old Nov 22, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *

Pamela Ong Appointed GM of Courtyard by Marriott Phuket Town

https://www.travelnewsasia.com/news22/206-PamelaOng.shtml

As others probably do, I remember Pamela Ong from the Le Meridien in Chiang Mai.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Any recent stays here? Thinking about doing Old Town Phuket as not a huge fan of just staying on the beaches all day. Is breakfast still offered to Platinum and above? TIA
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Coincidentally, I just checked out this morning. Breakfast for 2 is an option along with 500 points or 300thb f&b credit per day. Breakfast was nothing special. Nothing more than the baseline of what you would expect at a Bonvoy property in SEA.

Was pre upgraded to a junior suite, which was basically a regular room with a dark windowless annex that had a small sitting area and kitchenette with no cooking or eating tools. A elite welcome snack was delivered after check in.

What amazed me was the significant amounts of wall decorations in the rooms and hallways - pictures I’ve seen of the JW Phu Quoc come to mind, but obviously not to that level. However, you can tell that the workmanship isn’t the best, and I wonder how well things will hold up in the long term. Also, the shower was poorly designed - nowhere to put a bath mat. The door swings out with no clearance at all, and the toilet is blocking the spot you would want to put a mat given the door situation,

Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Coincidentally, I just checked out this morning. Breakfast for 2 is an option along with 500 points or 300thb f&b credit per day. Breakfast was nothing special. Nothing more than the baseline of what you would expect at a Bonvoy property in SEA.

Was pre upgraded to a junior suite, which was basically a regular room with a dark windowless annex that had a small sitting area and kitchenette with no cooking or eating tools. A elite welcome snack was delivered after check in.

What amazed me was the significant amounts of wall decorations in the rooms and hallways - pictures I’ve seen of the JW Phu Quoc come to mind, but obviously not to that level. However, you can tell that the workmanship isn’t the best, and I wonder how well things will hold up in the long term. Also, the shower was poorly designed - nowhere to put a bath mat. The door swings out with no clearance at all, and the toilet is blocking the spot you would want to put a mat given the door situation,
Thanks for the data point and the review.

Hmm I wonder how much of the wall decorations is from the era of when it was still a Metropole Hotel or if they were all new post renovation.

The suites definitely look uninspiring and perhaps will be a reason for me to stay 2 days at the JW Mai Khao in hopes of using SNAs and 2 days here... albeit I am quite lazy.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 8:35 am

One other thing - the bed was oddly short.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:55 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
One other thing - the bed was oddly short.
How was the mattress? Rock hard? (as is too often the case in SE Asia!)...curious as have some stays pencilled in for next year. Thx
Old Dec 24, 2022, 11:11 pm

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Any recent stays here? Thinking about doing Old Town Phuket as not a huge fan of just staying on the beaches all day. Is breakfast still offered to Platinum and above? TIA
I was there last week. To answer your question, instead of breakfast you can opt to receive a $10 per person F&B credit daily which can be used at any outlet except room service. The hotel converts that $10 to 300 Thai baht so it will buy the cheapest items on the menu or a cocktail.

The staff are super nice and try hard but there are too few of them. There was only one server working the lobby lounge in the evenings and so plan on long waits for just about everything. Similar situation in the restaurant unless you opt for the buffet.

The real downfall was housekeeping. While I am all for the refillable shower dispensers, forgetting to refill them is maddening when you are already in the shower and there is no soap alternative to the shower gel. One day, instead of resupplying the coffee pods, they just poured a dozen instant coffee packets into the pod box. And never was the Equal replenished unless you called them for more.

That all said, I loved being in Old Town as a nice change to the beach resorts.

p.s. The mattresses were super soft and comfy. The TV never worked properly over 6 days (cable was out most of the time).
NoY likes this.

Last edited by UAuhoh; Dec 24, 2022 at 11:21 pm Reason: More information
Old Dec 25, 2022, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by NoY
How was the mattress? Rock hard? (as is too often the case in SE Asia!)...curious as have some stays pencilled in for next year. Thx
No, it was fairly normal. Definitely not rock hard like you would find in Japan.
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 2:13 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Thanks for the data point and the review.

Hmm I wonder how much of the wall decorations is from the era of when it was still a Metropole Hotel or if they were all new post renovation.

The suites definitely look uninspiring and perhaps will be a reason for me to stay 2 days at the JW Mai Khao in hopes of using SNAs and 2 days here... albeit I am quite lazy.
The Ren at Phuket is great also, they cleared me a villa upgrade even without SNA 2-day pre-arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.