Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Ottawa - No Breakfast/Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Delta Ottawa - No Breakfast/Lounge

I recently completed a stay at the Delta Ottawa. Their restaurant and lounge was closed, so I was only offered 750 points without an option for F&B/Breakfast.

does this entitle me to Elite guarantee compensation? Getting the run around from the hotel manager so not sure if this is worth pursuing!
Old Sep 1, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
That is par for Marriott Bonvoy in the name of COVID restrictions. Since the restaurant and lounge are both closed, there is not option for food on premises, so this is actually somewhat reasonable with the 750 points in lieu of breakfast. There have been many instances of restaurants open for breakfast but hotel only gave points and not free breakfast because Marriott allowed hotels to suspend elite benefits.
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:20 pm

We just stayed this past weekend, and were given breakfast cards for the days that the restaurant was open (Friday to Sunday) after I asked for the breakfast benefit. Since the restaurant is closed Monday to Thursday, I don't think the elite guarantee is eligible here.

That being said, we stayed at a Residence Inn, Embassy Suites, and Homewood Suites on this road trip and each provided a solid breakfast option, and the fact Delta won't provide something passable for their platinum+ elites is sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.