Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Jakarta, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:25 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just arrived in Jakarta last night, and can't help but noticed a tall skyscraper with the giant St Regis Logo at the top of the building.

A few quick google searches later, it says the property is still under construction, and based on the old FT thread (which is locked, Mods can merge the threads if you see this), the StR Jakarta was a contractual ownership between the legacy Starwood Hotel (now Marriott owned) and Rajawali Group.
The hotel was initially planned to open in 2012, then delayed to 2016, and the owner decides to reflag it to replace the current (newer) Four Season Jakarta.

The StR Jakarta has a new scheduled site at Kuningan for opening in mid 2020, but now clearly been delayed again for 2022.
The project has been named Rajawali Place, with a multi-mixed use complex for a Hotel, Residence and Office.
Location is across the highway past the CBD area, situated beside a reservoir. Based on google maps, it doesn't seem to have much around the area, but there's construction for the new inter city light rail ongoing that will presumably connect to this property.

So far there are no projected dates for the hotel opening yet, but the exterior of all the building are pretty much completed.
Sales have already started for the residences portion, no news on the hotel announcement on Marriott's end yet.
Please add on if you have additional information on this. Will be exciting to see and experience newer ultra luxury brands like the StR in Jakarta.

Last edited by exploreaswego; Jun 20, 2021 at 10:32 pm
Old Jun 21, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe the residence portion have some apartments already finished and buyer moved in.

2022 for the hotel to open seems reasonable as currently demands for leisure travel would be very weak.

Added:

As for luxury hotels in Jakarta, Marriott offering currently waaay behind the competitors.

In my experience:
Four Season Jakarta service is very disappointing, but they have great hard product.
Ritz Carlton Mega Kuningan is outdated with poor service.
Keraton is closed for good I believe

I end up going to Accor's Raffles and Fairmont
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Look like St Regis Jakarta opening up Nov 2022. Booked 3 nights. Curious to see any reviews
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Might try them on December.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Anyone stay here yet? I'll be in Jakarta for the first time next April and have a FNA to use. The Ritz-Carlton Pacific Place gets amazing reviews but it would be neat to stay at a brand new St. Regis. It would be impossible to use a 35K FNA at either of these brands in the West, so here's my opportunity!
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Didnt get a chance. They cancelled my reservation 1 month out since they werent ready to open yet.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by mleebcps
Didnt get a chance. They cancelled my reservation 1 month out since they werent ready to open yet.
Id be willing to stay there for you, and give a report!
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I was thinking of staying here later this month but after emailing the hotel after the facilities / benefits for Titanium I decided it wasnt worth it and cancelled. No mention of a happy hour for elites and I really like indoor jacuzzi / spa facilities in these category of hotels. They just quote the standard info. I noticed that the Empire Suite was an option in the SNA pool (in addition to CA Suite) but they only have CA Suites for sale. You may get lucky when the bigger suites are ready! Ill stick to The Hermitage (in addition to trying the new Park Hyatt and RC Pacific Place). Here is the hotels reply below: Im pleased to inform you regarding some of your inquiries with detail below :

1. Will there be any suites finished so that I can try to apply a Suite Night Award?

Our Caroline Astor Suite is ready to open for public since December 3rd, 2022. You can apply Suite Night Award through your bonvoy account or call our Costumer Engagement Center 08071355555. Please be informed that Suite Night Awards availability is automated search by the system and will start searching for the availability of your request start from 5 days prior until 1 day before arrival.

If the request is granted or not, you will received an email notification accordingly. Hence we are not able to confirm the upgrade as off now

2. Will the swimming pool and outside jacuzzi be open?

Our Swimming pool and whirlpool (cold water) facility will open daily at 6AM 7PM. However, we do not have outside Jacuzzi

3. Will the indoor spa facilities (whirlpool, sauna etc) be open for staying guests?

For Information our St Regis Spa will start operating in January 2023, date to be advise.

4. What are the benefits for Marriott Titanium members? Will there be a happy hour for elite members in the bar each evening?

As Marriott Bonvoy Titanium elite member, guest are entitled to benefits

- Elite welcome gift amenity that you can choose one of these options below :

o Daily breakfast

o 1000 points or

o f&b amenity

- Guaranteed 4 PM late checkout

- Enhanced room upgrade (based on availability at the time of check in)
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:04 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Looks like they didnt any drastic changes during the renovation they even kept the shutters from the buildings Regent/Four Seasons era. Quite sad how bland the rooms look too which is a shame, especially considering how St Regis failed to debut multiple times in Jakarta only to finally open now looking very mediocre.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:09 pm

In addition, Rajawalis decision to reflag the building destined to be the St Regis Jakarta was purely a business decision. They wanted to develop a branded residence project but a branded Four Seasons Residence already did exist in a separate location. The (former) St Regis development did not have a residential building attached to it, so they decided to pull off a little switcheroo and flagged it as the Four Seasons thus enabling them to practically market the residential building next to the old FS as the St Regis Residence.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 3:41 pm

I am genuinely shocked how this hotel turned out. Havent been there yet, but having seen photos and some videos, the design looks positively underwhelming, plain, with nothing memorable. The design of the guestrooms is uninspired, the pool area looks a mess (not Bill Bensleys finest) and what the heck is going on in the main entrance area? Having stayed at Four Seasons Jakarta and now looking at this, it doesnt look like the two projects had great teams/owner/brand work synergy.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
In addition, Rajawalis decision to reflag the building destined to be the St Regis Jakarta was purely a business decision. They wanted to develop a branded residence project but a branded Four Seasons Residence already did exist in a separate location. The (former) St Regis development did not have a residential building attached to it, so they decided to pull off a little switcheroo and flagged it as the Four Seasons thus enabling them to practically market the residential building next to the old FS as the St Regis Residence.
The supposedly St Regis Four Season Jakarta is quite badly designed.
The room itself was ok ish, but the common area was not very well designed.

The lobby area was very small. Feels like checking in at an Ibis Budget instead of Four Seasons.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I am genuinely shocked how this hotel turned out. Havent been there yet, but having seen photos and some videos, the design looks positively underwhelming, plain, with nothing memorable. The design of the guestrooms is uninspired, the pool area looks a mess (not Bill Bensleys finest) and what the heck is going on in the main entrance area? Having stayed at Four Seasons Jakarta and now looking at this, it doesnt look like the two projects had great teams/owner/brand work synergy.
I'm surprised. Bensley was behind this? I wouldn't call myself a Bensley fan but I could appreciate his works (for one, I think the interior of St Regis Bali melds Balinese tradition and the St Regis look very well), but St Regis Jakarta looks like an incoherent joke... The design of the public spaces doesn't look like it has any continuity with the design of the rooms and it just looks really mediocre all-round.

To be fair, Jakarta has had an array of new upscale hotel openings, but this one has to be one of the more underwhelming ones. I wonder how the Waldorf will be measuring up. Although, coincidentally, I do think that the design the public spaces of Park Hyatt Jakarta is rather too opulent and gaudy for a PH.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
The supposedly St Regis Four Season Jakarta is quite badly designed.
The room itself was ok ish, but the common area was not very well designed.

The lobby area was very small. Feels like checking in at an Ibis Budget instead of Four Seasons.
I mean, the look of the Four Seasons does seem a lot more fitting for St Regis... I've never really associated Four Seasons with such an ostentatious looksure FS hotels look grand, but they're often much more toned down when it comes to colours. As you correctly mentioned, the check-in area is rather tight, although I didn't mind too much... As such, I don't reckon every upscale hotel deserves a grand lobby, particularly when room count is on the low-side... in fact it rather reminds me of the similarly tight (tho not as much, I'd recall) reception of the original StR in NYC.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 3:16 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
The mediocrity of this hotel's design - especially after it has been delayed for years - feeds my fire about how Marriott is butchering the legacy SPG brands and prioritizing their own legacy portfolio; the recent spate of St. Regis properties have been lackluster - the depressing Bermuda resort, the Quasimodo/partially-renovated hotel in Kuwait, the old-fashioned takeover in Goa, this uninspired one in Jakarta - while Marriott has been throwing the kitchen sink at every Ritz-Carlton, EDITION, JW Marriott and even Delta, Courtyard and Moxy opening. You won't even see anymore press releases about a Le Mridien opening or signing, even though the brand just got reintroduced to South Korea with a lovely new property.

Marriott seems to have no issue affixing the St. Regis name to meh hotels, possibly as a concerted effort to position the brand a notch below their self-proclaimed Ritz-Carlton flagship. I've always considered St. Regis a much more storied and illustrious brand to the overhyped Ritz-Carlton [particularly after have many bad experiences at RCs], so it's sad to see this negative stratification.

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.