Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Anyone Getting Tired Of The Breakfast Burritos / Sandwiches Yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:56 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold

I stayed in Grand Junction, Glenwood Springs and Denver for a total of 1 week. Each and every morning was a breakfast burrito or a breakfast sandwich (95% Breakfast burrito). After a week straight of this, I was kind of glad when the Salt Lake City Sheraton didn't offer any breakfast other than 2 Starbucks vouchers.

Didn't think it was possible but I'm actually starting to miss the terrible eggs that used to be offered at Springhill, Fairfield, Holiday Inn Express etc.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by seat38a
I stayed in Grand Junction, Glenwood Springs and Denver for a total of 1 week. Each and every morning was a breakfast burrito or a breakfast sandwich (95% Breakfast burrito). After a week straight of this, I was kind of glad when the Salt Lake City Sheraton didn't offer any breakfast other than 2 Starbucks vouchers.

Didn't think it was possible but I'm actually starting to miss the terrible eggs that used to be offered at Springhill, Fairfield, Holiday Inn Express etc.
I didn’t have breakfast burritos in GJT or Glenwood Springs though the made to order burrito at the Westin DEN Airport was phenomenal. Are they serving a frozen kind or what?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:34 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
https://reddit.com/r/marriott/commen...qyu/?context=1
“So I just got an update on this from my boss. I don't have all the info yet but it looks like Marriott will be requiring more normalized breakfast and dinner service in most hotels starting 7/1. Previously it depended on occupancy levels (over or under 50% occupancy for the month, as an example)“

This is what someone on Reddit said. Could be cap, idk. Seems kind of weird to me but I would be pleasantly surprised if it is the case.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
https://viewfromthewing.com/marriott...-again-july-1/
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:52 am

Just because they have restaurant service doesn’t mean they will bring back elite breakfast so I’m not sure why the blog made that connection. To me it sounds like to food service has to come back… lots of examples of restaurants open and elite breakfast are still points.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myperks
Just because they have restaurant service doesn’t mean they will bring back elite breakfast so I’m not sure why the blog made that connection. To me it sounds like to food service has to come back… lots of examples of restaurants open and elite breakfast are still points.
The Salt Lake City Sheraton which I stayed at, did offer restaurant breakfast service but still did not offer free breakfast for elites other than 2 $5 Starbucks certs. Line was so long at Starbucks that I did not use it.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Lol, you are lucky you got breakfast at GJ. I got a room that smelled like dog urine and front desk person with an attitude that told me that the hotel "was full" and that she couldn't change us from our room. We came back last week from a 10 day trip through 5 states. We stayed at 4 Marriots, 2 Hyatt and 1 Holiday Inn. So far the best breakfast was at the Spring hill suites by Yellowstone and the holiday Inn in Moab. Both had a full buffet. The two Courtyards didn't include it and it was they were the worst hotels in both service and quality. The Hyatts did provide the breakfast to go and they were ok(breakfast burrito or sandwich) but they provided the best service and the best hotel experience to the point that I am considering switching my loyalty to them.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
Lol, you are lucky you got breakfast at GJ. I got a room that smelled like dog urine and front desk person with an attitude that told me that the hotel "was full" and that she couldn't change us from our room. We came back last week from a 10 day trip through 5 states. We stayed at 4 Marriots, 2 Hyatt and 1 Holiday Inn. So far the best breakfast was at the Spring hill suites by Yellowstone and the holiday Inn in Moab. Both had a full buffet. The two Courtyards didn't include it and it was they were the worst hotels in both service and quality. The Hyatts did provide the breakfast to go and they were ok(breakfast burrito or sandwich) but they provided the best service and the best hotel experience to the point that I am considering switching my loyalty to them.
Yes Grand Junction Courtyard was a bit of a poop show. The agent up front did not understand that as a Titanium with others in the room with me, that I'm entitled to TWO $10 dollar certs per day. I had to go up to my room find the terms and conditions and bring it back down at which point I was given the second cert.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by seat38a
Yes Grand Junction Courtyard was a bit of a poop show. The agent up front did not understand that as a Titanium with others in the room with me, that I'm entitled to TWO $10 dollar certs per day. I had to go up to my room find the terms and conditions and bring it back down at which point I was given the second cert.
I’ve had the pleasure of staying at that hotel twice and try to shy away from booking there if it can be helped but with limited options during the pandemic it was difficult. The service was atrocious and the hotel was being used as a halfway house at some point during the winter for destitute loggers and miners.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
That sounds better than the grab and go bagged muffins and similar stuff I was offered on my last visit.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
That sounds better than the grab and go bagged muffins and similar stuff I was offered on my last visit.
Except for the burrito's everything else is the same ole stuff one would get in a grab and go bag. Also, not enough hot sauce packets to make the burrito taste better.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 2:08 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I’m getting tired of the yoplait yogurts and Otis Spunkmeyer muffins(30g Sat Fat), a breakfast burrito sounds pretty good!
Old Jun 18, 2021, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by ALARISstl
I’m getting tired of the yoplait yogurts and Otis Spunkmeyer muffins(30g Sat Fat), a breakfast burrito sounds pretty good!
Everything is unhealthy at these limited service properties even the boiled eggs and fruit with their preservatives sadly.
hedoman likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Got Noosa Blueberry at the Renaissance Boulder Flatiron. While still not healthy for ya, it tastes 1000% better than the usual yoplait or dannon's served.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Brand is based in Boulder, not likely to be found anywhere else as it probably costs $.10 more a cup wholesale
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.