Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Can you book before anniversary night posts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 6:30 am
Original Poster

My anniversary night still hasn't shown up in my account. Can I go ahead and book with points and when it comes time to check out the anniversary night will get used rather than the last 50k of points, or do I have to have the night before I book?
Old May 11, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
It is possible to change the certificate attached, but because of dynamic pricing the price might be higher and the cert might not work.

The last time I've done it, it was a disaster. They switch the certificate, and then when I've checked about a week before the stay the point required were higher and no certificate was attached. It was fixed, but it took time and effort.

It would be better to wait for the certificate.
Old May 11, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: None - previously UA
You have to have the points in your account to lock in the rate, then they should be able to switch out the cert when it posts if the agent knows what they are doing.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.