Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How to view free night cert expiration for certs already applied to a reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to view free night cert expiration for certs already applied to a reservation

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2021, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist

Before the last devaluation, I used my 3 certs to pre-book hotels that were going up in price. Now I want to know when the certs will expire.

Other than calling in, is there a way to find out?

Also, I don't think these certificates were extended as part of last week's sweep. Do I need to cancel my bookings by a certain date to ensure they get extended in the next sweep?
Old May 2, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by eethan
Before the last devaluation, I used my 3 certs to pre-book hotels that were going up in price. Now I want to know when the certs will expire.

Other than calling in, is there a way to find out?

Also, I don't think these certificates were extended as part of last week's sweep. Do I need to cancel my bookings by a certain date to ensure they get extended in the next sweep?
No, not that I'm aware of. You'll need to call in. This is why I keep a simple spreadsheet of all my expiring certificates/credits/upgrades across all programs and update it whenever I make a redemption.

I don't think any certificates have been extended again yet. Per last week's announcement, the extension to 1/3/22 should happen sometime around 5/7.

-FlyerBeek
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.