Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Corporate Travel Portals General Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: a little here, a little there

Need some help... now that I am starting to travel again, I noticed that our corporate travel portal (SAP Concur) is pushing my Marriott reservations through booking.com... this is new, but the Hilton reservations seem to still go straight to Hilton. So no chance to get Marriott points, but Hilton are still OK? (Marriott's website explicitly mentions Booking.com as not being eligible for points... Hilton points are posting.

Anyone else run into this?

EDIT: Seems to only be certain Marriott hotels in certain cities... at least I get a notice before I book the room rate, though,

Last edited by johnndor; Apr 20, 2021 at 2:26 pm
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by johnndor
Need some help... now that I am starting to travel again, I noticed that our corporate travel portal (SAP Concur) is pushing my Marriott reservations through booking.com... this is new, but the Hilton reservations seem to still go straight to Hilton. So no chance to get Marriott points, but Hilton are still OK? (Marriott's website explicitly mentions Booking.com as not being eligible for points... Hilton points are posting.

Anyone else run into this?
our sap concur has rates clearly stating booking.com (no benefits) rate or other OTA rate. I just scroll down to our corporate rates or other general rates. Of course this depends on how your company configured selecting the lowest or whatever.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, It's pretty clear, just new and was unexpected. Looks like I need to make sure when booking, and avoid those rates whenever possible.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Concur is simply compliance software for this purpose. Whether your rate does or does not earn is a matter of your employer's contract and also how it chooses to authorize you to book With the right "switches" thrown, you can book 2-bedroom suites at the rack rate.
seawolf and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 7:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Concur is trash for travelers. Management who never travel love it.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Concur wont allow me to book a premium economy airplane seat, but I can book the presidential suite at the Ritz.

I got burned once by booking a Marriott room through concur that was a booking.com or Expedia rate. Once!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Denied all Elite Benefits due to Online Travel Agent Booking
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Wow - that's quite the read, thanks!

Let me just say, I'm not blaming Marriott (not elite, but would like the points.)

This is a cautionary tale... of course I know the rules regarding OTA rates not generally earning points/benefits... my main takeaway here I guess is that Concur presented me with a Booking.com rate that I was not used to... never seen it before on Concur, so just be watchful for changes in things like this!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:42 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by born sleepy
It’s the travel department setting policies for Concur to enforce. If you login to Concur as one of your companies senior executive, there will be more options available if they have more relaxed policies (eg premium cabin). It all goes back to what your travel department policies are.
writerguyfl and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
It's in a class of software where bad UX is a selling point.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Concur wont allow me to book a premium economy airplane seat, but I can book the presidential suite at the Ritz.

I got burned once by booking a Marriott room through concur that was a booking.com or Expedia rate. Once!
Don't blame a piece of software. Your employer either programs or directs its enrolled TA to program. You can book full F if your employer permits it.

While Concur may be annoying, it does not do anything that someone reviewing travel spend would do either on the front or the back end.

If your employer does not permit travel in PE, the place to start is with your employer.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by hhdl
It's in a class of software where bad UX is a selling point.
The Service Now designers used Concur as a glowing example of bad UX and made it even worse.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
It’s the travel department setting policies for Concur to enforce. If you login to Concur as one of your companies senior executive, there will be more options available if they have more relaxed policies (eg premium cabin). It all goes back to what your travel department policies are.
I'm well aware of that.

The point was that the people who decide to implement Concur and on the restrictions to apply in it are not the ones who have to use it all the time.
SPN Lifer, CO-PLAT, yjc281 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:06 pm
Suspended

I'm well aware of that.

The point was that the people who decide to implement Concur and on the restrictions to apply in it are not the ones who have to use it all the time.
Exactly. Or they travel in F and book 2 bedroom suites.

It's been this way forever. Concur and other compliance software just makes it starker.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I'm well aware of that.

It never is for any enterprise software. User experience is an afterthought. Primary requirement is to solve a business problem.
Often1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.