Wiki Posts
Search

Points on Dining

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2021, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
Points on Dining

I tried to search however it did not seem clear. Does Marriott allow you to earn points on hotel spend without a stay - for example should I use one of their restaurants?
Old Feb 19, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: Some
The answer varies by location. If you are in Asia the answer is yes, you earn 10 points per USD spent under the current offer (subject to a $10 minimum spend) - https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/r+b/benefits. If you are in the US the answer is yes, you earn 4 points per USD spent as non-elite and 6 points per USD spent as elite under the current offer - https://eataroundtown.marriott.com/. If you are based in Europe, Australia, etc. the answer is no, go away, Marriott doesn't care about your business. Also, note that there are exclusions here in each region so you also need to check that the specific restaurant you have in mind isn't excluded from earning. Note also that these benefits are not permanent but temporary schemes depending on what mood Marriott is in, e.g. there was also a scheme in the Middle East last year but I think the ability to earn points there expired on 31 December and I'm not sure it's been renewed.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 2:36 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by LHR FLYER
I tried to search however it did not seem clear. Does Marriott allow you to earn points on hotel spend without a stay - for example should I use one of their restaurants?
Yes you can use it at multiple hotels in the USA...
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:27 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Dined at HKG Ritz-Carlton recently - they asked for the membership QR code via the app, scanned it, and points credited automatically. Very efficient - a far cry from the old days when they filled out the blue chits for SPG!
margarita girl, cfischer and t1c like this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 5:48 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Dined at HKG Ritz-Carlton recently - they asked for the membership QR code via the app, scanned it, and points credited automatically. Very efficient - a far cry from the old days when they filled out the blue chits for SPG!
Hmmm... i'm gonna test this out in a few weeks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.