Wiki Posts
Search

Vacation Club question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
Vacation Club question

I stayed at the MVC in St Thomas a while ago. I spent ~$4500 on the room, and another $1800 in incidentals. I am platinum on Bonvoy... i only got 1,675 points (450 base, 250 elite and 1000 extra). Any idea why that might be the case?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by nyr2299
Any idea why that might be the case?
How did you book and pay for the stay?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:23 am
Original Poster

On the Marriott website. Paid for it via my credit card.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
How did you book and pay for the stay?
On the Marriott website, with my credit card.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: None - previously UA
On the Marriott website, with my credit card.
Yup you should have received more points than that, did you fill out a missing stay form yet?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Yup you should have received more points than that, did you fill out a missing stay form yet?
Not yet. They havent charged me the amount yet, so I am holding off a few days (they only charged me some of the incidentals).
Old Jan 25, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I stayed at the MVC in St Thomas a while ago. I spent ~$4500 on the room, and another $1800 in incidentals. I am platinum on Bonvoy... i only got 1,675 points (450 base, 250 elite and 1000 extra). Any idea why that might be the case?
How long ago is a while ago? It takes up to ten business days after check-out for the points to be posted.

On the Marriott website. Paid for it via my credit card.
If you booked at a Marriott Vacation Club Resort through Marriott's Website and you didn't use a "Timeshare" Owner's Week then you'd be eligible for 10 Points per Dollar and the 5 Point Bonus Per Dollar as a Platinum.

Not yet. They havent charged me the amount yet, so I am holding off a few days (they only charged me some of the incidentals).
This is what strikes me as odd... normally I see the final folio posted to my credit card within 3-5 business days but if you spent $6.3k then that charge might take a while to clear.

Why don't you call the MVC Resort in question and inquire about the final folio and missing points.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
This is what strikes me as odd... normally I see the final folio posted to my credit card within 3-5 business days but if you spent $6.3k then that charge might take a while to clear.
You should also be able to see the pending charge on your credit card. I would think it would just be a few days since you departed from the hotel before you see the actual charge coming through as well.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cre95
You should also be able to see the pending charge on your credit card. I would think it would just be a few days since you departed from the hotel before you see the actual charge coming through as well.
So the charge came through, but the points havent updated. I called them and I am not allowed to dispute it until 10 days afterwards... so im in a holding pattern.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
International stays can take longer. You should get the regular points you would with any hotel stay. 10X per dollar plus bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.