Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bermuda Resort, St. George's, Bermuda [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis Bermuda Resort, St. George's, Bermuda [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2021, 10:11 am

The Director of Rooms got back to my Ambassador, and says the property should open on May 22nd, barring any unexpected COVID restrictions. I'll share the activities and spa menus and do on as soon as I get them.
marlin likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:03 pm

Any progress pictures? We are inching closer to opening date. Have rooms booked for early June and getting anxious!
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:25 pm

Would love to visit this summer but has anyone been to Bermuda and can comment on how difficult it is to get the mandatory testing?
Old Apr 7, 2021, 6:54 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by marlin
Would love to visit this summer but has anyone been to Bermuda and can comment on how difficult it is to get the mandatory testing?
One test upon arrival at the airport. Then tests on days 4, 8, 14. They send you an e-mail informing you at what time is your appointment, so nothing difficult but I was staying at Fairmont Hamilton Princess so I could simply walk to the covid testing station. To further illustrate StR's subpar location, you will be half an hour drive from the testing site.

One issue I see is the validity of that test to go back to whatever country you came from. I only received an e-mail stating my test was negative, not a detailed sheet with passport number, etc. which could easily be accepted by immigration of another country. So that's what I would investigate if I was you. I flew in December, back then none of Canada, USA, and UK required pre-departure covid test which is different now so maybe they changed their covid test reporting to allow to kill two birds with one stone.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:56 pm

I imagine St R will have onsite COVID testing... could be wrong. @whygo, can you ask your ambassador?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:06 pm

Coming from the United States. Sorry to be dumb but can if testing at the airport is Day 1 and you stay 3 nights, can you avoid testing on Day 4?
Do we need to be tested coming back to USA?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 4:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by marlin
Coming from the United States. Sorry to be dumb but can if testing at the airport is Day 1 and you stay 3 nights, can you avoid testing on Day 4?
Do we need to be tested coming back to USA?
You will need a test to come back to US regardless of Bermuda requirements. We are going for three nights in July and not sure where we will get tested before we come back. Hopefully they have. Something onsite
marlin likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 6:08 pm

Based on Bermuda requirements, you do not need testing on the day you leave. So if you leave day 4, 8, or 14 then you can skip those tests.

The problem is the testing requirement for your destination, not Bermuda. Having the test at StR would be convenient indeed.
marlin likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:46 am

If you were tested on Day 1 (arrival) and only stay 3 nights, would that arrival test suffice for entry into the USA? By the way, the passengers in question, have been fully vaccinated.

Thank you!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt
I have been monitoring this thread closely as, like person2898, I have a reservation there for early June.

The news out of Bermuda today is not good. According to the Royal Gazette, the Bermuda Premier announced a return to stay-at-home policy for at least seven days, effective today. All businesses apart from grocery stores, pharmacies and gas stations are to close. This closure could likely impact the scheduled May 21 opening of the St. Regis.

It is further reported that of the 118 positive COVID-19 cases recorded over the weekend five were travellers, including one from an American Airlines flight from Miami on March 31, one from a Delta flight from Atlanta on Thursday and three from the new American Airlines flight from Charlotte on Friday.

For the full report: royalgazette dot com

Last edited by YukonKid; Apr 12, 2021 at 11:19 am
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Earlier in the pandemic one employee of the pubic transport bus company got Covid and they shut down the entire network. Since you can't rent a car there... that can be problematic as I have always relied on (and enjoyed) the pink buses. I was looking at a June points booking, but decided to hold off. I have previously walked from St George out to where the St Regis is now located. The day I did it the winds were ridiculous (strong buffeting, felt like a weather channel reporter ), so can't get that out of my head either. Looking forward to what guests think.

Last edited by schriste; May 10, 2021 at 12:09 pm
Old Apr 15, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt
There is more news out of Bermuda today regarding the St. Regis construction progress.

It is reported by the Royal Gazette that a special exemption for the construction of a St George’s resort to continue during lockdown has been scrapped after two days, the developers said last night. Apparently, the exemption was issued under curious circumstances.

Full article here: www.royalgazette dot com/health/news/article/20210414/exemption-for-hotel-work-during-lockdown-pulled-after-two-days/

The Executive Director of the Construction Association of Bermuda is candidly quoted:"Mr Irvine pointed to the aggressive vaccination strategy in the United States and the island’s goal to attain “herd immunity”, with 70 per cent of the population immunised, by the Bermuda Day holiday of May 28."

“There will be a lot of freshly vaccinated American tourists with a bunch of money saved for the last year looking to travel,” Mr Irvine said.

“We want those people here, and we need to recognise some things may need to continue.”
Old May 9, 2021, 10:32 am

Still waiting for information from this property for a May 26th stay, which is concerning to say the least. I've gotten one basic response from the Instagram account, but that's it. Anyone else have more info?
Old May 9, 2021, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by whygo
Still waiting for information from this property for a May 26th stay, which is concerning to say the least. I've gotten one basic response from the Instagram account, but that's it. Anyone else have more info?
It is very quiet. I asked my Ambassador on April 9th to check with the property to find out if covid testing would be offered at the hotel. The Ambassador team did not receive a response from the hotel, so I asked again on May 3rd. Still no answer from the hotel as of this day.
Old May 10, 2021, 9:57 am

twitter (dot) com /Jefflaundry/status/1388899857671274500/photo/1
based on this random twitter picture, gotta say I'm a little disappointed in how the rooms turned out..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.