Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New offering: work anywhere with Marriott Bonvoy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New offering: work anywhere with Marriott Bonvoy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Who doesn’t want access to a fax machine (note: “where available “). This has been available in the UK for a few weeks. Very expensive too. As for business services, though we don’t travel for work, Mr SP prints a lot of stuff for his hobby. Majority of hotels don’t even provide printers and we end up emailing his documents to front desk to be printed or they have a printer and it is usually out of ink or isn’t working and no one has a clue how to fix it. Plus, people are working from home for a reason: so they don’t have to mix with people!!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stuartpig
Who doesn’t want access to a fax machine (note: “where available “).
For Marriott, the fax machine is cutting edge technology.

They're still in "wait and see mode" on email because you never know if this new-fangled technology will really catch on.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 4:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
With a constantly changing market, its tough times for hotel marketeers at the moment. How unfortunate would it be to e-maildrop everyone with this promotion in the hours after their country announced a STAY AT HOME lockdown ....
rylan likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Rd3
I'll say this: There have been times, even as an elite, where I've added an extra day to a stay just so I can work in the room later than 4PM (when late-check out was more widely available) i.e. staying on the West Coast w/a late flight back East, etc.. If the rates are somewhat competitive, this wouldn't be too bad once hotels start to open up more amenities on-property.
So, you’ll be looking at booking the stay pass to get the extra 2hrs? Late checkout should get you to 4pm and the stay pass will extend it to 6pm. I guess if you need the 2hrs it’s better to only have to pay for the day pass rather than an additional night giving you the 40% savings someone posted above.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 4:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
With a constantly changing market, its tough times for hotel marketeers at the moment. How unfortunate would it be to e-maildrop everyone with this promotion in the hours after their country announced a STAY AT HOME lockdown ....
So, on day 2 of a “STAY AT HOME” lockdown, Marriott sends me another promotional email inviting me to break the law and work from their hotel because I’’m “aching from being perched at the breakfast bar”.

In contrast to all the other emails dropping into my inbox from other corporations acknowledging and adapting to changing events, this one is an embarrassment.
DenverBrian and stuartpig like this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Boy, some of you people just need to move on from Marriott. NOTHING they do will satisfy you, and you look at everything through the most negative lens possible.

If this promo doesn't help you in your personal situation, then that's fine. But the amount of energy put into .....ing and whining is simply amazing.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
I'm about to land at DFW at about 6 a.m. and don't plan to leave until the next afternoon, so with rates comparable to other hotels the Stay Pass is actually a good deal. I am elite with other hotels, but I don't know any of them who are going to let me check in at 6 or 7 a.m. off a red eye and stay the whole night for one rate. In that case, it's a real deal.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Has anyone tried this yet?
I'm just catching up and found this thread interesting...
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just got an email from Marriott about Day Pass New York City. It's from 6am to 6pm. The cheapest option appears to be the downtown AC for $59. Midtown is $99 and up. I think you can book overnight rates for about the same these days so I'd do that before buying a day pass.

They seem to have this in

Atlanta
Dallas
Dubai
Hong Kong
Kuala Lumpur
London
New York City
Phoenix
Singapore
Toronto
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
I just got an email from Marriott about Day Pass New York City. It's from 6am to 6pm. The cheapest option appears to be the downtown AC for $59. Midtown is $99 and up. I think you can book overnight rates for about the same these days so I'd do that before buying a day pass.

They seem to have this in

Atlanta
Dallas
Dubai
Hong Kong
Kuala Lumpur
London
New York City
Phoenix
Singapore
Toronto
Seems overpriced for NYC these days.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 7:39 am

I’m not sure what this promo does other than give you a bottle of water but it is relevant to what I’m looking for. Has anyone found a good hotel to work from long term?

The wife and I both work from home and were thinking of staying in different cities for a few weeks to a month at a time. I was looking at AirBNBs but prefer a regular hotel, it’s just hard to find a hotel that would facilitate having two people working in the same room/suite without paying a ton.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
I’m not sure what this promo does other than give you a bottle of water but it is relevant to what I’m looking for. Has anyone found a good hotel to work from long term?

The wife and I both work from home and were thinking of staying in different cities for a few weeks to a month at a time. I was looking at AirBNBs but prefer a regular hotel, it’s just hard to find a hotel that would facilitate having two people working in the same room/suite without paying a ton.
The rates seem worthwhile, but its really hard if you have two people and need two different rooms to work from to keep phone noise down, etc. I ended up doing a lot of AirBnBs last year and ended up having to rent two bedroom units even though we were just a couple. I'm really surprised that we haven't seen a hotel fill a few of the empty conference rooms with those work pods. If properties were to offer a nice work setup then I'd probably do two 30 night stays this summer.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've seen these rates at a bunch of properties, and in most situations it is not worth it as the price is the same or even higher than the nightly rate. I can't imagine that Marriott is getting many bookings for this 'deal'.

Only place I can think it could be possibly useful is for first night stay in Europe where you ave a flight that arrives early and want the room available before noon. But even then many properties will provide early check in especially if you have status. The rest is just marketing gimmick thought up by the same group of mbas who brought you the courtyard bistro and took out desks.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I definitely see probably the most common use case would be coming off a red-eye and you want super early check-in for your hotel.

Le Meridien in downtown Denver is offering this rate code (Work Anywhere Stay Pass).

Mrs. Swede and I have tickets to a stand-up comedy show on a Friday night later this month. I had planned on booking a hotel room that evening so that we don't have to drive home. Without the deal, we'd have to work our day job, throw ourselves into the car, fight rush hour traffic, check into the hotel, find a quick bite to eat, then go to the show.

With this deal, we can start working from home in the morning, drive up after rush hour has died down, finish our work day in the hotel (Fridays for both of us are light/no meeting days), and then be a little more relaxed getting ready for the evening and grabbing a bite to eat before going to the show. The late check out on Saturday would just be icing on the cake.

Current AAA rate is $233/night, and the package is $309. So for an extra 32% (29% when factoring in the $10 F&B credit), we basically get two full days in a hotel, which I don't think it's a terrible deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.