Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Spend $1,500+, get 15,000 bonus points (and similar) - Amex/Marriott Offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

I know there are other threads that show all Amex offers, but thought it worthy to post a specific Marriott offer I received on my Marriott Amex Bonvoy card today (for those of you who want to earn Marriott points but don't otherwise normally check their Amex offers). Worth a check to see if you got a similar offer.

New offer I received today:
Spend $1,500+, get 15,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points
EXPIRES
12/24/2020

Offer Terms
Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only purchases made with your Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to the Basic Card Member. Offer is non-transferable. An “eligible transaction” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card on or before 12/24/2020. After you make one or more eligible transactions totaling at least $1,500, you will receive 15,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points one time. Cash advances, other fees and charges such as interest, annual fees and foreign currency conversion fees are not eligible transactions and do not qualify for this offer.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Mine is $2k for 20k.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:29 pm

The wording is throwing me off slightly -- is it spend at least $1,500 on purchases or is it spend at least $1,500 on a single purchase?

thanks.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by oliver033
The wording is throwing me off slightly -- is it spend at least $1,500 on purchases or is it spend at least $1,500 on a single purchase?

thanks.
”one or more transactions totaling at least $1500 ...”
Brendan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
I have a Marriott business American Express card, and I see 100 offers but the offer mentioned above is not listed. So it must not be available for all of their cards.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HookEm
I have a Marriott business American Express card, and I see 100 offers but the offer mentioned above is not listed. So it must not be available for all of their cards.
It is a targeted offer. I don't have it on my Brilliant or Bonvoy Business cards.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:13 am

Got one for $1k for 10K points.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Worldwide properties or U.S. only?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're maxed out. Start accepting some offers (maybe the ones that will expire soon) and you'll get a whole bunch of new offers. You might still not get this one, but at least there's a chance.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:35 am
Community Director Emerita

Today I had 20,000 points for $2000 spend on my AMEX Brilliant card. Spend must be done by Dec 24. It wasn't there yesterday so it is worth rechecking.

I assume this will stack with other offers I'd already accepted on this card:
  • +7 points for restaurant spend thru Oct 31
  • $10 off $100 Amazon spend 2x thru Nov 8
  • $75 off $250 Marriott spend thru Dec 31

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Oct 6, 2020 at 11:03 am
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:52 am
Suspended

100? are you being serious? i get 5 on one card and 6 on the other.

Originally Posted by margarita girl
You're maxed out. Start accepting some offers (maybe the ones that will expire soon) and you'll get a whole bunch of new offers. You might still not get this one, but at least there's a chance.
when you say "accept," do you mean register your card? have you done that and get more offers? curious to know your success since you're in canada and i would assume that you have canadian cards.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BenSenise
100? are you being serious? i get 5 on one card and 6 on the other.

when you say "accept," do you mean register your card? have you done that and get more offers? curious to know your success since you're in canada and i would assume that you have canadian cards.
The US cards always have 100+ offers available. They just max out at 100. So if you register for the offers that are shown, more will appear the next day. For example, my Hilton Aspire card currently has 85 offers I've registered for (just to get them out of the way) and 33 more available offers.

Hasn't been an issue in Canada where we get 4-5 (mostly lousy) offers at a time. So registering for those won't make a difference.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:14 pm

Saw the offer yesterday, added it to the card, paid property taxes, and received confirmation from AMEX within 1 hour that I had earned 15,000 points.
SPN Lifer and SanDiego1K like this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by margarita girl
The US cards always have 100+ offers available. They just max out at 100. So if you register for the offers that are shown, more will appear the next day. For example, my Hilton Aspire card currently has 85 offers I've registered for (just to get them out of the way) and 33 more available offers.

Hasn't been an issue in Canada where we get 4-5 (mostly lousy) offers at a time. So registering for those won't make a difference.
thanks! that's wild.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
I did not get such an offer . I have the 10 points per dollar on restaurants and gas, which I am enjoying, but this would be nice.

Perhaps since I already spend this amount regularly on the card, there was not a need to target me. I wonder if the folks targeted were not using the card as frequently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.