Wiki Posts
Search

Problem signing up promotions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2020, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Problem signing up promotions

Anyone else experiencing this and possible solution? I've tried to sign up to email promotions the last 2 times I've gotten them. Both times I've clicked "Enroll now", takes me to my Marriott page to sign in, and after that I got an error page (both times), that lists 3 reasons: 1) I'm a point earning and this promotion is miles or vice-versa, 2) I'm not eligible, and 3) offer expired.

Can't be 3 because I've just gotten the email and applied right way (both times), not sure about 2 because it didn't have list of eligibility but find it weird I would receive promotional email if I'm not eligible, and definitely not one because I've set myself as point-earner and both promotions are related to bonus points.

Anybody else experiencing this?
Old Aug 27, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I had trouble signing up for the current 2500 Bonus Point promotion. PM'ed the Marriott Bonvoy Lurkers and they enrolled me. Over the last year or so, there seem to be a significant percentage of members who can't sign up for promotions even though they are eligible. Sometimes I have trouble, sometimes it works. I haven't been able to discern a pattern yet. I assume it is due to Marriott IT/Application issues. So the standard workaround is PM the Marriott Bonvoy Lurkers and they will take care of enrolling you. It shouldn't be this hard. Unfortunately, not much we can do about it until (or if) Marriott decides to fix it. I feel sorry for folks who don't follow FT and don't know to engage The Lurkers for assistance.

--Jon
GalaxyChris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.