Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Joseph, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Nashville TN [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond

The Joseph opened its doors today in downtown Nashville,

PR Newswire

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301117996.html

Marriott link

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...tel-nashville/

Looks interesting.
jaejaez likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
The Nashville hotel market is crazy. I've lost count of all the new Marriott properties that have opened in past few years. Looking forward to the first stay review, and I will definitely have to try this place out next time I'm in Nashville.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:22 pm

We had a good stay here last month. SNA cleared ahead of travel, from a deluxe guest room (1 king) into a deluxe suite (king). Room was a good size, well appointed, albeit with a view over the swimming pools at the neighbouring AC/HI. Breakfast each morning was great, Titanium voucher covered pretty much everything for 2. Rooftop bar/restaurant was busy, and pool was packed. Great location, with plenty of parking nearby if you don't fancy valet.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Here is my report from my recent night at The Joseph Nashville - a wonderful stay:

My pre-arrival experience did involve a bit of bartering over Chat. I really wanted to stay in one of the Corner Suites with the super cool windows in the living room. The associate I was speaking with was very friendly and was able to get me into a Corner Suite as long as I checked out at normal time (Noon). Despite my 8 PM departing flight, I took the deal. This is definitely a service-oriented hotel with all of the very friendly staff. Upon checking in around 3 PM, the associate remembered that they had been speaking with me over Chat, I was offered some iced tea (I learned that I am not a fan of tea), and the hotel amenities were explained to me.

My Corner Suite on the 16th of 21 floors (rooms are on floors 9-20 with floor 21 containing the spa, fitness center, rooftop bar, and rooftop pool) was great. The angled floor-to-ceiling windows in the living room are a major wow-factor looking out onto the Korean Veterans Memorial Bridge, and the decor was comfortable and well-styled with a focus on light woods. I really loved the hard-covered Luxury Collection "Hotel Secrets" book that served as a directory of the Luxury Collections properties across the globe. The bathroom was connected to both the foyer and bedroom and had dual vanities, a separate toilet room, and a large walk-in shower with good pressure. The bedroom had an incredibly comfortable bed (one of the better ones I have slept in - very plush) and a large walk-in closet. Wonderfully, as a new build Marriott, the TVs were Internet-enabled with Marriott's attractive latest-gen OS. The bedroom also had an in-room iPad acting as a directory (it used the same system as the Park Hyatt New York and was nice to use as an alarm clock). Most of the lights across the suite were controlled with buttons on the wall as I have noticed in many of the recent Hyatt properties I have stayed in.

Elite breakfast, a welcome gift choice, was served in the "Lobby Bar" in Yolan's space. I was told that I had $25, which was enough for an entree, but not enough for an entree and drink. I got the double stack of lemon ricotta pancakes, which were good but surprisingly large and VERY hot (temperature, not spice). I did hear my waiter talking to another waiter about the bill going over $25 - my subtotal was $20, but they took everything off and didn't make me sign anything.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to experience the pool as it was raining heavily when I arrived and the pool oddly closes at 5 PM.

When I returned to the property from dinner, I did notice that turndown service was provided. My curtains were drawn, and a plush mat with slippers was placed on the floor next to the bed.

Overall, I would absolutely stay here again. It was a lovely experience, especially that bed and those Corner Suite windows.
bitterproffit and dgreen12 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Staying here again this upcoming weekend, and my SNA cleared into a Luxury Suite - oddly, the Luxury Suite is more expensive than the Corner Suite, but the pictures seem less wow! Well, it will be interesting to see and report! I'm just glad I got a suite on the Saturday of the holiday weekend!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Staying here again this upcoming weekend, and my SNA cleared into a Luxury Suite - oddly, the Luxury Suite is more expensive than the Corner Suite, but the pictures seem less wow! Well, it will be interesting to see and report! I'm just glad I got a suite on the Saturday of the holiday weekend!
As a quick follow-up, the Luxury Suite is basically a typical One-Bedroom Suite facing outwards rather than inwards as I assume the Deluxe Suites do based on the fire map. The Corner Suite is more striking, but the Luxury Suite is more spacious with a soaking tub inside of the shower and more furniture in both the living room and bedroom.

Bed was still fantastic, and shower pressure was also fantastic.

Breakfast is still a $25 credit per person, but with the included service charge, my traditional breakfast and coffee still caused me to pay an overage of $2.92. The food was quite tasty with a special shout-out to the salted butter that came with the toast.

No issue with 4 PM late checkout this time.

I still think this hotel is really good with its beautiful design and friendly service.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
As a quick follow-up, the Luxury Suite is basically a typical One-Bedroom Suite facing outwards rather than inwards as I assume the Deluxe Suites do based on the fire map. The Corner Suite is more striking, but the Luxury Suite is more spacious with a soaking tub inside of the shower and more furniture in both the living room and bedroom.

Bed was still fantastic, and shower pressure was also fantastic.

Breakfast is still a $25 credit per person, but with the included service charge, my traditional breakfast and coffee still caused me to pay an overage of $2.92. The food was quite tasty with a special shout-out to the salted butter that came with the toast.

No issue with 4 PM late checkout this time.

I still think this hotel is really good with its beautiful design and friendly service.
just an update on this. My sna cleared into a luxury suite as well. They wouldn’t budge past a 1p check out and i didn’t need later so didn’t push. The breakfast credit is not valid for in room dining.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Any recent stays? Planning a one-night visit here next month and would love any tips or feedback. Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Booked a standard king on points and got upgraded to a standard one-bedroom suite as a Platinum. Breakfast credit for plats is a $25 per person credit against the bill. Great hotel - very nice modern design, delicious food, cocktail bar on the 2nd floor was the highlight of the visit (called Four Walls - hidden, you'd have to be looking for it). The tub and shower setup in the suite was fantastic. Minor quibbles would be that the room is kind of dark and foreboding in design... just my taste so YMMV. Also, the record player in the room did not work. They do waive the destination fee for points stays, or at least they did for my visit. The pastries at this hotel are also a highlight, apparently the pastry chef is a James Beard award nominee or winner - the dessert at the lobby bar was perfect. Overall would be happy to come back and stay here. Front desk treatment was particularly good.
LSEGallipot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.