Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2020 Q3/4 Global Promo : 2,500 bonus points per stay; *now extended to 10 Nov*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion will earn 2,500 bonus points per eligible paid stay, plus a one-time bonus of 5,000 additional points after 3 eligible paid stays, during the promotion earning period.
The promotion registration and earning period is between August 13, 2020, and October 18, 2020, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
Only stays made
after registration will qualify towards the promotion.
A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any Points-eligible rate

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
The latest Marriott Bonvoy™ global promotion is almost here — and we want to give you a sneak peek at all the details. Whether you’re looking for an epic view, exploring close to home or taking off for a family road trip, our new global promotion makes any adventure even better.

Register, and then earn 2,500 bonus points per stay through November 10, 2020 — with no bonus point limit. Plus, you’ll get a one-time bonus of 5,000 additional points after your third stay. And with the Marriott Commitment to Clean at hotels worldwide, including enhanced cleaning protocols and safety measures to help keep all of our guests and associates safe, you can feel confident staying with us.

Register now through October 18.

As always, please note that a “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity, on any points-eligible rate.
Print Wikipost

2020 Q3/4 Global Promo : 2,500 bonus points per stay; *now extended to 10 Nov*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I registered on the 13th and had my first stay 14-16th. To my surprise, the 2,500 bonus points posted today along with the standard points.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K; and a bunch of hotel statuses
Hi,

I am still not a pro with Bonvoy - although been Bonvoy'd a few times over the past couple years. Had a stay at an Autograph property last weekend, and somehow received 5,000 points as 'Extra'. Can't wrap my head around why. I am a Platinum with Bonvoy, the stay credits posted as Base + Elite bonus + 5,000 pts extra. I think the first stay is 2,500 and perhaps the lounge closure will get me some pathetic 500 points per night? Still don't add up to 5k extra.

Just thought I'd post the DP here. #NotOKToBlog

Last edited by terryversay; Aug 18, 2020 at 10:27 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 19, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
My guess at the breakdown of the extra points:

Platinum arrival gift = 500
Lounge closed = 1,000 x 2 nights = 2,000
Global promo (subject of this thread) = 2,500
Old Aug 19, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Now with the most recent promotion to earn double points on weekends (not sure if it's targeted or not), it's a great time to earn points and nights for those who need them.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
hyedmd, I think that the double points weekends must be targeted.

I have this 2500 pps promo, but never got the double points weekends promo.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Finally got the email for this promo... clicked on the link to register and get an error "We're sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion."
And if I go to my promotions page, it has nothing listed. I guess Marriott doesn't want to give me any incentive to stay at their limited benefit hotels.

Marriott IT is still a total unmitigated disaster. They should be embarrassed.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:25 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by rylan
Finally got the email for this promo... clicked on the link to register and get an error "We're sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion."
And if I go to my promotions page, it has nothing listed. I guess Marriott doesn't want to give me any incentive to stay at their limited benefit hotels.

Marriott IT is still a total unmitigated disaster. They should be embarrassed.
rylan, if you receive an error message while trying to enroll, please send a Private Message with your full name and Marriott Bonvoy number, and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,

Leanne
Social Media Liaison
[email protected]
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
First promo of the year that I can actually sign up for. Glad Marriott's pathetic IT is improving! Oh wait, I got the Email about the promo today and it has been running already for 8 days. Never mind then, same incompetence.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
It's nice to see that you receive 2,500 points for each of your first 3 eligible paid stays and then 5,000 points as a one-time bonus after the 3rd stay has posted. I have completed my first 3 paid stays, so I will post a data point on when I receive the 5,000 point bonus. It's too bad the promotion isn't 5,000 points after every 3 eligible paid stays!

Last edited by jtpc; Aug 24, 2020 at 8:48 am
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
My guess at the breakdown of the extra points:

Platinum arrival gift = 500
Lounge closed = 1,000 x 2 nights = 2,000
Global promo (subject of this thread) = 2,500
isn’t platinum gift 1000 points?
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:43 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Just got the email - I was excited as I thought it was 2500 per night at first, then realized it was per stay.

Though granted, I'm not doing any work travel right now during COVID, and if I do any personal travel it will probably be a short 1-2 night stay anyways, so it's not a huge loss for me.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
My guess is that they’ve come to realize that their promos have little to no impact with high spenders but can make a difference with bookings from people doing short stays, mostly on business, at less expensive properties.
... it's like they looked at my profile specifically to come up with the terms! I've had about 15 stays this year, all like that. (I mean, as a LTTE I'm not going anywhere anyway, but it's nice to get something extra.)

(I'm sure this is covered elsewhere, but if you didn't get the E-mail until after you'd had a couple of eligible stays, can CS hook you up with the retrograde credit?)
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... it's like they looked at my profile specifically to come up with the terms! I've had about 15 stays this year, all like that. (I mean, as a LTTE I'm not going anywhere anyway, but it's nice to get something extra.)

(I'm sure this is covered elsewhere, but if you didn't get the E-mail until after you'd had a couple of eligible stays, can CS hook you up with the retrograde credit?)
probably not...from the wiki:

Only stays made after registration will qualify towards the promotion.
David
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by DELee
probably not
Yeah, but maybe this is a Lurker-fixable thing? I mean, I got the E-mail yesterday evening (a week after it'd started) as I was flying home from a 2-nighter (and had a 3-nighter in another city that started on the 13th). Why can't (yeah ... I know ...) MR send these things before the promos begin?
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
isn’t platinum gift 1000 points?
Yeah, and I also messed up the "lounge is closed" points. *lol* Here's a better projected breakdown:

- Platinum arrival gift, 1,000 points
- Lounge closed, 750 points x 2 nights = 1,500 points
- Global promo = 2,500 points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.