Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Belgrade (was to open in 2020, still not open in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium

Does anyone have any opening date update regarding the St Regis Belgrade?

all the original press releases indicated a 2020 open but that seems to now not be the case. I saw one random website about Belgrade tower and it noted a completion date of 2022. I’m hoping they are not a full two years behind schedule

anyone with info on when the hotel will open?

Last edited by Nuhusky; Jun 3, 2020 at 5:39 pm
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Does anyone have any opening date update regarding the St Regis Belgrade?

all the original press releases indicated a 2020 open but that seems to now not be the case. I saw one random website about Belgrade tower and it noted a completion date of 2022. I’m hoping they are not a full two years behind schedule

anyone with info on when the hotel will open?
I’ve spent a lot of time in Belgrade over the last two years, and construction on this project was slow to pick up. The building the St. Regis will form part of will be 40 stories, with the hotel on the first eleven, a service level, residences from levels 14-38, a restaurant on level 39 and an observation deck on level 40.

Construction is currently on the twelfth floor, where the building ‘twists’ into the shape it will assume until the top, and is going up about a floor a week. The developers are targeting a topping-out by the end of October 2020, the building being watertight by the end of January 2021 and a cleared technical inspection by the end of July 2021. I’d expect some delay, and would expect the hotel to open either by the end of 2021 or early in 2022.

The nearby W, also part of the Belgrade Waterfront redevelopment project, just started selling residences and hasn’t commenced construction yet, but told me they were planning to open by 2023. All press info you’d find on the W, however, still talks about an opening in 2019, when it was still a ground-level parking lot.

khabah
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Thanks. Shame construction for both hotels is so far behind schedule
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
Still nothing on the W or the St. Regis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.