Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rooms for Day Use

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020 | 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Rooms for Day Use

Do rooms booked for day use count toward elite nights? I searched but did not see it on Marriott.com. Thanks.
Old May 13, 2020 | 9:35 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by pilgrim
Do rooms booked for day use count toward elite nights? I searched but did not see it on Marriott.com. Thanks.
I wouldnt believe so, as its a generally cheaper rate than the standard rate at a property. Personally, I would hope not because it would be another way for people to devalue the program.

Try giving Marriott a call and ask them for the reference to their T&C.
Old May 13, 2020 | 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I've not had the best luck with consistency in responses to other questions.
I'm seeing rates about 85% of evening costs, so hoped they would count.
Old May 14, 2020 | 3:41 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
40 Countries Visited60 Nights3M20 Years on Site

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Per one of the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker's response in the How do I book a day rate? thread, no night credits (which makes sense), but you would still receive any "stay" based bonuses you are eligible for.
Old May 14, 2020 | 4:33 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by pilgrim
Thanks. I've not had the best luck with consistency in responses to other questions.
I'm seeing rates about 85% of evening costs, so hoped they would count.
As with many things Marriott, its likely a case of YMMV. The official answer seems to be no which means clamming nights in the event they dont post automatically will be problematic.
Old May 14, 2020 | 8:47 am
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Per one of the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker's response in the How do I book a day rate? thread, no night credits (which makes sense), but you would still receive any "stay" based bonuses you are eligible for.
So no stay credit for a day stay... but if you flew on elsewhere to spend the night you would likely get credit for that I trust? A guess...
Old May 14, 2020 | 9:32 am
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old May 14, 2020 | 10:44 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
40 Countries Visited60 Nights3M20 Years on Site

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xooz
So no stay credit for a day stay... but if you flew on elsewhere to spend the night you would likely get credit for that I trust? A guess...
Technically you will get a "stay" credit, but no night credit as you won't spend the night. Back in the SPG days, getting a Stay credit meant something (i.e. credit toward elite status). Marriott though doesn't have a "stay" base for elite status on "nights".

But if Marriott were to have a stay based bonus offer, a day rate should apply toward that bonus offer.
pilgrim likes this.
Old May 14, 2020 | 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Also, you may well find that there are local offerings which are not published and which receive no benefits, but can be very cheap if you have limited needs, e.g. 5-6 hours. Call the property directly and speak with the FD.
pilgrim likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.