Rooms for Day Use

Old May 13, 20, 9:50 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: raleigh,nc
Posts: 217
Rooms for Day Use

Do rooms booked for day use count toward elite nights? I searched but did not see it on Marriott.com. Thanks.
pilgrim is offline  
Old May 13, 20, 10:35 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: On a plane or a beach
Programs: Yes
Posts: 2,430
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
Do rooms booked for day use count toward elite nights? I searched but did not see it on Marriott.com. Thanks.
I wouldnt believe so, as its a generally cheaper rate than the standard rate at a property. Personally, I would hope not because it would be another way for people to devalue the program.

Try giving Marriott a call and ask them for the reference to their T&C.
anteater is offline  
Old May 14, 20, 12:03 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: raleigh,nc
Posts: 217
Thanks. I've not had the best luck with consistency in responses to other questions.
I'm seeing rates about 85% of evening costs, so hoped they would count.
pilgrim is offline  
Old May 14, 20, 4:41 am
  #4  
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: McKinney, TX, USA
Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 11,660
Per one of the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker's response in the How do I book a day rate? thread, no night credits (which makes sense), but you would still receive any "stay" based bonuses you are eligible for.
hhoope01 is offline  
Old May 14, 20, 5:33 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: None - previously UA
Posts: 4,370
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
Thanks. I've not had the best luck with consistency in responses to other questions.
I'm seeing rates about 85% of evening costs, so hoped they would count.
As with many things Marriott, its likely a case of YMMV. The official answer seems to be no which means clamming nights in the event they dont post automatically will be problematic.
escapefromphl is offline  
Old May 14, 20, 9:47 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat, HY Globule
Posts: 3,198
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
Per one of the Marriott Bonvoy Lurker's response in the How do I book a day rate? thread, no night credits (which makes sense), but you would still receive any "stay" based bonuses you are eligible for.
So no stay credit for a day stay... but if you flew on elsewhere to spend the night you would likely get credit for that I trust? A guess...
xooz is offline  
Old May 14, 20, 10:32 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: raleigh,nc
Posts: 217
Thank you.
pilgrim is offline  
Old May 14, 20, 11:44 am
  #8  
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: McKinney, TX, USA
Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 11,660
Originally Posted by xooz View Post
So no stay credit for a day stay... but if you flew on elsewhere to spend the night you would likely get credit for that I trust? A guess...
Technically you will get a "stay" credit, but no night credit as you won't spend the night. Back in the SPG days, getting a Stay credit meant something (i.e. credit toward elite status). Marriott though doesn't have a "stay" base for elite status on "nights".

But if Marriott were to have a stay based bonus offer, a day rate should apply toward that bonus offer.
pilgrim likes this.
hhoope01 is offline  
Old May 14, 20, 11:49 am
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 50,268
Also, you may well find that there are local offerings which are not published and which receive no benefits, but can be very cheap if you have limited needs, e.g. 5-6 hours. Call the property directly and speak with the FD.
pilgrim likes this.
Often1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread