Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

*** 8 Apr : Marriott announces Bonvoy status / points / SNA / FNA extensions ***

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

*** 8 Apr : Marriott announces Bonvoy status / points / SNA / FNA extensions ***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Open that page on your phone and you will see it, it won't show on a computer browser.
FWIW, it does show up in Chrome on my laptop.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Well, it's not fair!! I'm Lifetime Elite, so if MAR wants to make it fair they need to extend my (literal) lifetime as well!!!
I'll extend it for you...

...STAY. AT. HOME!

FWIW, it does show up in Chrome on my laptop.
No issues on desktop here too (Windows, Chrome).
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Considering your apparent concern for Ambassadors in another thread I am very surprised you are not isolating to protect yourself and others.

What surprised me far more however is the fact that Marriott has here done the right thing and taken any pressure of non required travel not just in the next few months but the rest of the year, rather than hold status over its members and force them to consider travel, yet you don't commend this, you feel you deserve more.

It is comments like this that devalue the times when companies like Marriott do the right thing and everytime someone says something like this you decreases the chance that next time they will.

So Marriott from me (who would most likely still do 100 nights and the spend anyway) thank you for doing the right thing and on this occasion doing it in a timely manner without external pressure. You have on this stepped up and for that I view Marriott better than I did at the start of today.
this 100%.

Marriott Bonvoy is a loyalty program designed to maintain brand loyalty and bring back customers. If no one has status come 2021 (save for a few), people might defect or switch to other programs that did extend status. so I fail to understand why people are unhappy about them making this move. Being one of the rare status holders is worthless if Marriott goes bankrupt or is forced to scale down.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
yet you don't commend this, you feel you deserve more.
Originally Posted by Antarius
I fail to understand why people are unhappy
I think y'all are being too hard on OP, IMO: I think he was just wondering if a "little extra" could be done for the people who have actually been traveling. "Just sayin'" to me doesn't sound like a complaint.
mikebor and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:28 pm

Platinum Challenge question

Hey all , quick question please
I got platinum via the challenge and completed in Feb this year does this mean I keep platinum until Feb 2022 ? As technically was Gold in 2019

appreciate your advise ?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Considering your apparent concern for Ambassadors in another thread I am very surprised you are not isolating to protect yourself and others.

What surprised me far more however is the fact that Marriott has here done the right thing and taken any pressure of non required travel not just in the next few months but the rest of the year, rather than hold status over its members and force them to consider travel, yet you don't commend this, you feel you deserve more.

It is comments like this that devalue the times when companies like Marriott do the right thing and everytime someone says something like this you decreases the chance that next time they will.

So Marriott from me (who would most likely still do 100 nights and the spend anyway) thank you for doing the right thing and on this occasion doing it in a timely manner without external pressure. You have on this stepped up and for that I view Marriott better than I did at the start of today.
Hahaha okay lol. Thx for this post, I needed a good laugh.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mikebor
So I am still traveling and even during this awful pandemic I will definitely earn Ambassador status this year the hard way. So I'm thinking, if Marriott is extending everyone and you have people like me who really earned it, shouldn't that count for me in 2021 so I should get Ambassador status until Feb 2023? Just sayin.
Bless Your Heart!
UKTraveller4Fun and txpenny like this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks
you are quoting two different things.. website now shows a combined extension. Email today only talks about status extension. SNA and Free night award extension email was sent a while back.
Here is the thing -
The blogger of OMAAT claims a Marriott spokesperson told him today that the FN certs will extend for 12 months from the expiration (the one they has done for members in Greater China) - but there is NO official language on Marriott website of that new CEO letter dated today Apr 8th, nor it is mentioned by ANY of similar blogs, incl the "insider" TPG blog.

That makes me wonder if the said "spokesperson" confused the Greater China policy to the Global policy or the new CEO letter has OMITTED the information?

In any case, I think everyone would agree that with the Global Pandemic and countries other than China are hit MUCH HARDER as of now, there is no reason we are treated LESS than Greater China that the region is about to return to normalcy while we dont even see the peak yet.

The previous policy was dated Mar 13, email out on Mar 14 (the ones we got, some received earlier). Situation has gone downhill A LOT. I hope Marriott would modify the extension on FN certs to be the same as for the Greater China and put this an official policy viewable online, not thru a blogger.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Now that i'm Ambassador until 2022 I will stay at Hilton for the rest if the year and keep my diamond until 2022.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
I think y'all are being too hard on OP, IMO: I think he was just wondering if a "little extra" could be done for the people who have actually been traveling. "Just sayin'" to me doesn't sound like a complaint.
Which will come in time with promos for extra points earning, but no need at all to suggest that status shouldnt be extended.

The main probelm is that the more people ask for more even when a company goes above and beyond the more that belittles the effort thew company has made and thus makes it less likely to do it again in the future. Sometimes you should just be greatful for what has been done and the fact that Marriott has decided not to try and create a situation where it forces people to travel. When this is taken in conjunction with another post by the Op where they are complaining Marriott is risking the lives of American Ambassadors by making them go to work it seems if I am being polite hypocritical.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:20 pm

Hmm, I renewed Titanium for this year and see no expiration date for my status on the desktop site, phone website or app.

I also have a credit card free night with an expiration date of Oct 2020. I also have the Titanium bonus free night with an expiration in Dec 2021.

Hope I'm not a 'special case'.

Or, most likely, this is Bonvoy IT as usual.

jb
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by X-ON

A not-so-subtle message from the Marriott Hit Squad?

You’ve been Bonv°yed!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador, AA Gold
This is a good move and I am happy. So what happens to the nights we have accumulated this year? I doubt they will carryover. Thus, what is the incentive to stay at a marriott later this year (if travel returns).
Old Apr 8, 2020, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by NativePhD
This is a good move and I am happy. So what happens to the nights we have accumulated this year? I doubt they will carryover. Thus, what is the incentive to stay at a marriott later this year (if travel returns).
So if Marriott didn’t extend status, people stay somewhere else. If Marriott does extend status, people stay somewhere else. Tough crowd. (And this applies to all programs across the board)
margarita girl and txpenny like this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NativePhD
For some, I would anticipate enjoying the benefits they earned.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.