Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Bodrum Beach Resort, Bodrum, Turkey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien Bodrum Beach Resort, Bodrum, Turkey [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Here now

I’d read the reviews so I knew what I was getting myself in for.

I wanted somewhere quiet (no kids!) for a late summer relaxation (feels as if I’ve not stopped since May)

Booked as award stay (5+1+1) 280,000 points in total. Given cash rates, I felt this was good value for my points.

Room was very similar to the earlier review, except is was on the 6th floor with a terrific view.

Staff have been excellent; can’t do enough to be helpful.

Took breakfast €40/head, instead of the 1,000 points.

Food prices are reasonable, however drinks are ASTRONOMICAL:

Coke - €6
Efes (the local beer) €12 (330 ml bottle)
House white wine €25 (175ml measure)

All plus 10% service charge

For context, a 330ml bottle of Efes is €2 in a bar in Bodrum itself

So top tip, bring your own booze & relax on your balcony after dinner!
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
With these kind of prices for drinks, paying for a taxi back and forth to a grocery store for alcohol would be well worth it. Even a rental car will pay for itself.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: Skyteam
Is breakfast buffet complimentary for Titanium?
Is there a lounge for snacks?
Is it appropriate to take kids 9 - 16 years old?
Old Nov 13, 2023, 4:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by skchin
Is breakfast buffet complimentary for Titanium?
Is there a lounge for snacks?
Is it appropriate to take kids 9 - 16 years old?
Based on my stay a year ago:
  • Breakfast would always be complimentary, if you choose the breakfast option on check-in (though I wouldn't guarantee they will offer it for more than 2 people). Many of the rates here used to include breakfast though
  • There is no lounge, nor any availability of free snacks, around the resort. Note my comment earlier about lounging on the beach - you won't get lots of freebies unlike some resorts
  • The kids will have very little to do, as the children's club had limited activities per day, though it did include tshirt painting once a day. The nearby playground may just about keep the 9 year old happy for a bit

I'd heard from a friend of a friend that they booked this resort with kids for two weeks a little after our trip, and were very bored by the end and very unhappy with the children's club. I think a 16 year old wouldn't have anything to do - but it depends on what they prefer, if the ambition there is to sit by the beach and read/play on the internet, that would work out fine. I feel you could do better, though perhaps not within the Marriott brand - I have travelled more and more with children since my original review, and have to say the failing on the children's club is a wasted opportunity, it doesn't take much to run a day of activities (one per hour) when labour is cheap - then allow drop-off/pick-up and set up some more outdoor playing areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.