Wiki Posts
Search

Peloton Bikes at Marriotts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA ExecPlat & 1MM/DL Plat/HH Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Peloton Bikes at Marriotts

Just stayed at the JW Marriott Marco Island and loved using the Peloton bikes! Is there a list of Marriott
hotels that have them? Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I found this list for the US:
https://fittesttravel.com/blog/2018/...-peloton-bikes
thalweg likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Low Roller
thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:39 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Low Roller
i have often found that site is missing properties so often I will look up a specific hotel on TripAdvisor and search for “peloton” in the reviews section.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
Peloton's hotel finder:

https://hotelfinder.onepeloton.com
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fmastr
Peloton's hotel finder:

Awesome, thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:33 pm

Hopefully without sidetracking this thread: what's the appeal of these bikes? Is it mostly the built-in classes, or is the hardware that much better?

A Marriott that has them may just be the way for me to test drive one.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:16 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Amazing on-demand and live classes. Awesome teachers, each with their own style, personality and musical tastes. Never enjoyed working out so much.

The technology integration is a pretty great part of the experience too as you control and see your cadence, output, and resistance in real time. And if you’re the competitive type there’s a live leaderboard.
mvitale likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: None
Did it have clip in pedals? Do you know if they were spd or look clip ins?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 8:22 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

@brsboarder, Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by brsboarder
Did it have clip in pedals? Do you know if they were spd or look clip ins?
The website (https://hotelfinder.onepeloton.com) will usually tell you what type of pedals the bikes have, but I've found it doesn't say anything for a few sites. In my experience, 95% of the time it has been the dual pedals (SPD on one side and cages for regular shoes on the other). In some larger gyms or where the hotel uses an affiliated gym, they have had the regular peloton look clip ins.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:06 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
When I was in Austin at the Westin downtown, I saw a Peloton bike in the gym. I didn't investigate at the time, but I did wonder. If I am not a subscriber to Peloton, can I access any of the classes for the bike, or as a non-subscriber is it just a stationary bike?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:28 am
ymx

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
When I was in Austin at the Westin downtown, I saw a Peloton bike in the gym. I didn't investigate at the time, but I did wonder. If I am not a subscriber to Peloton, can I access any of the classes for the bike, or as a non-subscriber is it just a stationary bike?
You can access any class. The hotel has a commercial subscription for specifically that reason. I used a Peloton at my local gym and when traveling at hotels for a year until we finally bought one for home use at the beginning of quarantine in March.

FYI: If you have a Peloton showroom near you you can also do a full ride there. One showroom I went to when I was traveling told me I could come as often as I wanted as long as I worked out near the window so it would attract mall shoppers!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
I used a peloton at the Essex House (JW) NYC. The attendant helped me with getting started on the bike (set-up) and into a live class then, it was off to the races (literally). A guy came in and got on the bike next to me, with his own account, and his own shoes, and he was meeting his friends for a scheduled bike ride (workout). Pretty cool.

If I had better earbuds or maybe a good headset the class would have been better.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by fmastr
Peloton's hotel finder:

This is the best site I have found, but it is still not comprehensive - there are plenty of other properties that have Pelotons. One useful tip is that every Westin now has at least one, as it has become a brand standard. Or at least that is what the Westin manager of the program told me, and it has been true of my experience in the ~25 different Westins I have stayed at in the last couple years.

It's a great addition to a hotel gym, and I hope the trend of increasing Pelotons continues. It's become one of the things I look for when picking a hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.