Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Las Vegas Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
So, it seems that MAR has given up on the idea of a Strip hotel. Once the Cosmo changes flags, closest will be the Grand Chateau (which I love) 1.5 blocks east, and the Westin a similar distance.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sixsixsixtynine
So, it seems that MAR has given up on the idea of a Strip hotel. Once the Cosmo changes flags, closest will be the Grand Chateau (which I love) 1.5 blocks east, and the Westin a similar distance.
I wouldn't say that Marriott International "has given up on the idea of a Strip hotel." I'm sure the company would love to get a percentage from as many Las Vegas Strip hotels as are willing to sign franchise contacts.

I think it's more correct to say that owners or developers of Strip hotels have made business decisions that the potential benefits of branding with Marriott are not sufficient to justify the cost. Many hotels on the Las Vegas Strip have strong identities and well-established marketing channels.

I was surprised when the Cosmopolitan joined Autograph Collection, and I'm not surprised that it's leaving.

That doesn't mean that an owner or developer will never again make a business decision to flag a Las Vegas Strip property with one of Marriott's 30 brands. There's a lot of competition on the Strip, with a lot of rooms to fill. For some hotels, one of those 30 brands might help push rates and occupancy upward.
sixsixsixtynine likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
Originally Posted by Horace

I was surprised when the Cosmopolitan joined Autograph Collection, and I'm not surprised that it's leaving.
Thanks for your reply, and on this point, I agree!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Duplicate
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I'm interested to read reviews once it opens.
My view on this property has been altered - will provide an update in a stand-along thread soon…

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; Jun 12, 2022 at 11:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.