Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scooter in Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Scooter in Club Lounge

Ok, now I have seen it all. Here in LeMeridien Chiang Mai tonight, a child in the club lounge with playing with his scooter. This photo was taken @7:30 pm during the cocktail reception. When did the lounge become a play pen? I do not have a problem with parents with children in the lounge. But it is a different story, when a someone is riding a scooter in a crowded lounge.

Last edited by northsideguy; Dec 23, 2019 at 3:01 pm
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:56 am

Thanks for the information! I will get on this right away!
jrich7970 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I was never given razor blades as toys when I was a child.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Here we go again. Let me sum it up. Everyone on FT has a perfect child/children and the real problem is with adults who drink too much and talk on their cell phones.

We can close this thread now.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I’m more concerned about the mess on that table!
FlyingNone likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:12 am

As they say, a pic is worth 1,000 words. To those who have never seen unruly children in a lounge-like environment. Here it is in living color.
NoY, jamesteroh, rbwpi and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I’m more concerned about the mess on that table!
That was courtesy if the child on the razor
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Here we go again. Let me sum it up. Everyone on FT has a perfect child/children and the real problem is with adults who drink too much and talk on their cell phones.

We can close this thread now.

Not too far from the truth. I'm bothered a lot more by the jackass who is Facetiming at full volume without headphones (this seems to be a more and more frequent occurrence). At least the kid on the scooter is entertaining.
ajamieson, Newman, Keyser and 9 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Let me be equally snarky. All of us FT are perfect adults and children is the root cause for all lounge issues. Let's just ban the children in all the lounges and all Marriott lounges will turn into Garden of Eden.

Case closed.
dhuey, NoY and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Not too far from the truth. I'm bothered a lot more by the jackass who is Facetiming at full volume without headphones (this seems to be a more and more frequent occurrence). At least the kid on the scooter is entertaining.
If I start a thread every time an adult misbehaves, the FT will be flooded. But, let's just pretend only kids are rude and abusive and inconsiderate.
dhuey and nancypants like this.

Last edited by Cathay Dragon 666; Dec 23, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you ask lounge attendant?
Unfortunately some inconsiderate and/or ignorant parents cause give a bad name to all families...

We ll be in three lounges with my kids today - certainly without scotters
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
If I start a thread every time an adult misbehaves, the FT will be flooded. But, let's just pretend only kids are rude and abusive and inconsiderate.
Bring it on. Here's some behavior I witnessed just in the past week:

* A pair of women standing in front of the evening buffet and eating directly from it whilst others waited. The width of these two individuals occluded nearly the entire buffet (why is that no surprise?)
* Couple Facetiming loudly with their daughter for 30 minutes
* Guy exiting the lounge with an armload of food (which I daresay he wasn't desperately in need of)
* Guy who decides he needs to listen to a CNN impeachment update on his phone (no headphones, full volume)

Hmm. I can't recall a single incident involving a child.
SacTownGuy, jrey, rickg523 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
My two "favorites" involving children were, first, the Shangri-la Wuhan where I entered the lounge for breakfast just in time to witness two siblings having a food fight utilizing the food right off the buffet. Parents were oblivious and the staff were feckless.

Second favorite was the Grand Hyatt Taipei during the evening service where the kids (at least 10 of them) became so unruly that I asked the lounge manager if there wasn't a quiet place I could go to enjoy my drink and snacks. She told me to try the coffee shop or the bar downstairs. Confused, I asked but wouldn't that require me to pay? She smiled and said "yes". That was the last time I ever set foot in their lounge (and the hotel itself).
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:17 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Whataboutism is alive and well when discussing child behavior in lounges.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Was the child/parent breaking some rule in particular, or do you just object to the fact that lounges (even higher end ones) are not adults-only spaces?

If it's the latter, and it was my child whose face you were posting on an internet forum as the target of your grievance, I would not be happy. I might even argue that it's worse than whatever infraction you perceived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.