Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Former SPG hotels that still sport the SPG logo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

I saw this recently at the Four Points Manhattan Midtown West and wondered how many hotels have yet to take down their SPG signage. Any others out there?

margarita girl, UA-NYC and zzap like this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Sheraton in Stockholm still has "SPG Floor" as an elevator option.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Seen at more than one 4P recently:

margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
The bottle of water in my room last month at the Westin Hapuna Beach was compliments of SPG
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Do not forget the UK AMEX card:
https://credit-cards.marriott.com/en-gb/amex-uk

Quite bizarre .... wonder why this card still is SPG branded hmmm
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold
These should all be reported to Marriott post haste. They are in violation of so many standards by having SPG still around.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by hotelboy
These should all be reported to Marriott post haste. They are in violation of so many standards by having SPG still around.
+1. These violations indicate the hotel is mismanaged and won't care for details they deem unimportant. Sure, an old logo won't hurt you. But what if they're not paying attention to expiration dates of the food they serve? You get the idea.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
They're just a silent protest for times when customer service still mattered
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by hotelboy
Originally Posted by davie355
+1. These violations indicate the hotel is mismanaged and won't care for details they deem unimportant. Sure, an old logo won't hurt you. But what if they're not paying attention to expiration dates of the food they serve? You get the idea.
I sincerely doubt there's any violation of brand standards happening in these cases. Hotel groups tend to be VERY accommodating when they initiate changes that result in capital expenditures for their franchise hotels.

I went through a similar process when I worked at a hotel under a hotel group that changed the logo. Hotels were given something like 4 or 5 years to change over all signs before it became a violation.

Additionally, small things like towels were exempt because throwing away towels just because they have a tiny tag with the old name/logo would be a bit insane.

Granted, I've never worked at a company that did a merger. Marriott might be pushing harder to ditch the Starwood name.
margarita girl, cmd320 and KRSW like this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
"SPG TV" on the channel list but unfortunately the hotel played the Bonvoy video.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM
Going from a logo on a durable item to a perishable one

A bit melodramatic if you ask me.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by cre95
Going from a logo on a durable item to a perishable one

A bit melodramatic if you ask me.
Pretty common practice. In advance of concerts, celebrity musicians will specify on their contract something like, "Provide a bowl of M&Ms in the dressing room, but take out all the red M&Ms." If red M&Ms are present then the musician knows the concert provider didn't care for contractual details, so what else might have been overlooked or dishonored?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Pretty common practice. In advance of concerts, celebrity musicians will specify on their contract something like, "Provide a bowl of M&Ms in the dressing room, but take out all the red M&Ms." If red M&Ms are present then the musician knows the concert provider didn't care for contractual details, so what else might have been overlooked or dishonored?
Completely different circumstances.

Your position on Marriott hotels with spg stuff is akin to saying American should have grounded all the US airways livery planes until they were repainted.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
To answer the OP, I've been at atleast 20 hotels with spg branding and signs.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
While technically this is a violation (I have Westin senior management told me they have been cited when an audit from Marriott saw they still have SPG logos on some of their properties, which he found out a manager under her got careless and forgot to replace them), but not something I would report. Marriott can police their own properties themselves.

However, based on some posts here, it does show mismanagement or poor management, but again, Marriott can deal with that themselves. As long as the property is professional, friendly, and in good shape, I have no problem with seeing SPG signs to remind me of the good old days.
KRSW likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.