Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Thoroughly beaten by Marriott intransigence

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser

Another typical tale from the noisy edges of Platinum...

1. Book stay at Courtyard Paris Gare de Lyon on July 28, 2019 using 25,000 points.
2. Stay there. (No upgrade, no mention of benefits, 20m to check in, whatever, too tired to care…)
3. Stay never hits my account and I never get an emailed folio.
4. Complain about missing night to Marriott who tell me to complain to the hotel
5. Complain to the hotel, which eventually apologises and promises to credit the night, the missing amenity points
6. Hotel in fact only credits the missing amenity points.
7. Follow up with same hotel contact asking for night credit. No reply.
8. Complain to Marriott, who tell me to complain to the hotel.
9. Complain to Marriott about the complaints. “No problem, we can help you with that. Please send the folio.”
10. Bang head on desk on November 12
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Lurkers or Ambassador. That is your CS resolution these days. I feel sorry for anyone not on FT.
KRSW, ajamieson, Audeclis and 6 others like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Lurkers or Ambassador. That is your CS resolution these days. I feel sorry for anyone not on FT.
actually the community managers on insider.marriott.com do a pretty good job also. They also have a much smaller audience on insiders than the Marriott branch of FlyerTalk.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:11 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ajamieson

1. Book stay at Courtyard Paris Gare de Lyon on July 28, 2019 using 25,000 points.
2. Stay there. (No upgrade, no mention of benefits, 20m to check in, whatever, too tired to care…)
4. Complain about missing night to Marriott who tell me to complain to the hotel
5. Complain to the hotel, which eventually apologises and promises to credit the night, the missing amenity points
9. Complain to Marriott about the complaints. “No problem, we can help you with that. Please send the folio.”
Hi ajamieson, I apologize for any frustrations caused. If you send me a PM here or send an email to: [email protected] with the name of the hotel, dates of stay, your first/last name, and Marriott Bonvoy number, I'd be happy to take a closer look and follow up further. -Leanne
bluestrudels likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The bottom line is that the "lurker" concept helps to shut up people who can cause real brand damage because of the concentrated nature of the audience. The fact that the same level of customer service is not afforded people who don't come to social media sites tells you about the value of social media, e.g. it's a platform to be heard.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
You still earn amenity points and an elite qualifying night on a night paid for by points. That's what the OP didn't receive.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
My experience has been that indeed I have received a folio on points redemption stays. I love seeing the $0.00 balance. Some hotels may fail to generate a folio in error. They should be encouraged to create one prior to leaving if possible.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's always a good idea to get the folio before leaving in case the nights don't post.
Prpetualtraveller likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
The bottom line is that the "lurker" concept helps to shut up people who can cause real brand damage because of the concentrated nature of the audience. The fact that the same level of customer service is not afforded people who don't come to social media sites tells you about the value of social media, e.g. it's a platform to be heard.
Yes... but then Marriott let their most respected lurker get away. And the CEO consistently refers to us as "noise at the edges".

So what does that tell you about Marriott's priorities?
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's always a good idea to get the folio before leaving in case the nights don't post.
This is the lesson I've learned.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:45 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I just gave up on trying to get 2,500 bonus points that were part of my rate at the Renaissance Heathrow. It's just too hard.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ajamieson

11. I had to look up intransigence. But, its my word of the day now and I will try to use it 3 times.

Any way, you are correct. They are just making it too hard to fix stuff. Did you try the online missing stay tool? You can use the original confirmation number to submit that.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes... but then Marriott let their most respected lurker get away. And the CEO consistently refers to us as "noise at the edges".

Who cares about Marriott's priorities? What matters is what Marriott does to resolve customer service issues.

The lesson of the "lurkers" is that mucking around with the ordinary customer service channels is for the JV (junior varsity, not joint venture). Complain on FT or other social media site and let a lurker swoop in and take care of the problem so that you can come back and post about what a wonderful experience it is and maybe even delete your original complaint.
nancypants and Twickenham like this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif

Bud, I have some news for you... you ARE noise around the edges. If you weren't, all of the bellyaching here would have produced some changes, or Marriott's stock would be tanking.

Elites tend to VASTLY overestimate how dependent the hotel chain/airline/whatever is on their business.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68

Elites tend to VASTLY overestimate how dependent the hotel chain/airline/whatever is on their business.
Coudnt have said it any better,

1 step further is when they say if things dont change they are taking their biz elsewhere and then dont

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.