Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Which Marriott for 7 nights Disney with cert? No swan/dolphin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:52 pm
Chy
Original Poster

Hi all

I’m using a 7 night Marriott cat 4 cert for 7 nights for Disney world. Which hotel do you recommend? Swan and dolphin won’t work for this.

Right now I’m at the Fairfield inn on south apopka. I like this one because there’s no resort fees and free parking so the stay will be $0. But now the hotels on the west side seem attractive too. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: Yes
This is the only place we stay when visiting WDW: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcobs-sheraton-orlando-lake-buena-vista-resort/

As an Ambassador Elite, excellent elite recognition, pre-upgraded to a Florida room, wine and strawberries, helpful front desk, and good complimentary hot breakfast every morning. They also have shuttles all day to WDW.
jalves likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by damnyourefine
This is the only place we stay when visiting WDW: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcobs-sheraton-orlando-lake-buena-vista-resort/

As an Ambassador Elite, excellent elite recognition, pre-upgraded to a Florida room, wine and strawberries, helpful front desk, and good complimentary hot breakfast every morning. They also have shuttles all day to WDW.
I agree with this. Swan is our go-to but we stayed here once and it's a great option. The breakfast is plentiful, the pools are quite nice, there are movies projected onto a wall just behind one of the pools, and it's a quick trip to WDW.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:59 pm
Chy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by damnyourefine

Thanks for your input. I have stayed at that hotel. It is very pleasant and I enjoyed it. Since we are going in winter not sure how the pools will be. Also, I’d have to pay $350 in parking and resort fees which I’m not thrilled about. But you’re right, it’s a nice place when you’re there.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Chy
Thanks for your input. I have stayed at that hotel. It is very pleasant and I enjoyed it. Since we are going in winter not sure how the pools will be. Also, I’d have to pay $350 in parking and resort fees which I’m not thrilled about. But you’re right, it’s a nice place when you’re there.
I don’t recall a resort fee or parking fee, perhaps those are waived.

do you have status?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:45 pm

Here's the dedicated thread for that Sheraton: Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Based on the last several pages, it appears that the resort and parking fees were 1) waived for top-tier frequent guests on point redemptions, 2) charged in full, 3) reduced to a cheaper rate, and finally 4) waived. The multiple changes in policy seem to be due to a new General Manager.

There's no recent activity. If anyone wants to know exactly what she or he may be charged, you'll probably need to contact the hotel directly.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:52 pm

Lots of recent information on this thread: Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Orlando, FL

Starting at ~post 328 onwards. A couple of us posted our reviews of the various properties near the Mouse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.