Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Assila, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Jeddah - Jeddah, Saudi Arabia [MASTER THREAD]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Assila, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Jeddah - Jeddah, Saudi Arabia [MASTER THREAD]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:26 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Looks like the Assila Hotel, formerly part of the Rocco Forte Collection, will be joining The Luxury Collection in 2020, debuting the brand in Saudi Arabia. Good to have more options in the city as the awful Sheraton renovates, Le Méridien seems to struggle with being dowdy and the Marriott wraps up its reconstruction.

Press release from Hotelier Middle East below; I'm sure the official Marriott one isn't far behind.

khabah

Marriott to debut Luxury Collection in Saudi Arabia

The Assila Hotel features 210 guestrooms

by Priyanka Praveen
09 Oct 2019

Hospitality giant Marriott International will be introducing its Luxury Collection in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia after it signed an agreement with Assila Investments to launch the Assila Hotel.

The property is expected to join The Luxury Collection’s portfolio of more than 100 hotels and resorts in 2020.

Assila Hotel features 210 guestrooms, including a royal suite, and 94 apartments. It comprises multiple food and beverage venues, including a Café Lounge and Argentinian and Mediterranean specialty restaurants.

Speaking about the agreement, Bader Alissa, CEO, Assila Investments said: “We are thrilled to have Marriott International manage the beautiful Assila Hotel, under the Luxury Collection brand. This only affirms Assila Hotel’s position as a premier luxury hotel in Jeddah.”

The hotel also includes a ballroom and nine meeting rooms, as well as full-service recreational facilities such as a spa, fitness centre and squash courts.

“This deal signing supports our plans to further diversify our footprint in the Kingdom while enhancing our overall luxury portfolio in the region,” Alex Kyriakidis, president and managing director, Middle East & Africa, Marriott International said.

The hotel is situated close to planned ‘New Jeddah Downtown’ development, a mixed-used project on Jeddah’s five million square metre waterfront anticipated to launch in 2022.

Source: https://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/b...n-saudi-arabia
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Any stays here? If so, how is it? Generally I'm a fan of Luxury Collection hotels but the photos here seem so-so and seems like a reflag rather than new construction?! How does it compare to Ritz or Park Hyatt?

I'm traveling with family on semi-business but looking more for a leisure experience. Suggestiobs appreciated - I'm globalist and titanium. Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 10:33 pm

After my trip from post above was cancelled because of covid, I'm finally making it here in December. Any suggestions or reoort
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP
After my trip from post above was cancelled because of covid, I'm finally making it here in December. Any suggestions or reoort
Stayed here last year, solid property with good upgrades. Received a corner suite which was appreciated. The Ritz is also good, but if the price is good and you're looking for upgrades, I would choose this property.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Stayed here last year, solid property with good upgrades. Received a corner suite which was appreciated. The Ritz is also good, but if the price is good and you're looking for upgrades, I would choose this property.
Thanks. Hopefully we will like like you did. First time to Saudi. I've got 3 nights here then 6 nights at Park Haytt in exec suite. Hopefully will get suite here too like you did. I stay away from Ritzes because of lack of free breakfast

Also headed to ST Regis Riyadh. Hopefully will get a suite there too. I'm using points for all. Redemption values incredible
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:57 pm

Delete

Last edited by SHLTP; Dec 18, 2023 at 1:36 pm
Old Dec 18, 2023, 1:08 pm

I'm so happy - they treated me as it was still SPG days. It almost brought me to tears. I have not had a welcome and service like this since the merger.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:42 pm

The breakfast here is just fabulous. Every kind of berry you can imagine, as well as pomegranate. Very happy here. Gym is also excellent with 50kgs dumbbells. Had a great workout which is unusual in hotel gymd

I'm moving to Park Hyatt - hopefully it'll be as nice

Last edited by SHLTP; Dec 19, 2023 at 12:06 am
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
The breakfast here is just fabulous. Every kind of berry you can imagine, as well as pomegranate. Very happy here. Gym is also excellent with 50kgs dumbbells. Had a great workout which is unusual in hotel gymd

I'm moving to Park Hyatt - hopefully it'll be as nice
Hey SHLTP,
Thanks for posting about your stay.
Can you detail your thoughts on the room aesthetics?
I have a stay here in October and as per your post2, I am initially underwhelmed by the photos. And agree that it does not look like Luxury Collection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.