Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton, Pune [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG

https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/india/pune

Ritz-Carlton is getting their second hotel in India after Bangalore.

It's located in Yerwada and is about 2 - 3 km away from the start of Koregaon Park and about 5 km from Pune airport.

Opening rates are ~ US $ 200/night which are a tad bit expensive for Pune but not by too much especially if you book it through a Ritz-Carlton Stars TA.

They also have some rates that include wine tasting, afternoon tea, spa treatment, etc. for about US $ 300/night.

I might swing by for a stay sometime next month. Will post a review if I do.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Hotel is now open.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:56 am
Original Poster

I had an excellent 1 night stay booked through a Ritz-Carlton Stars TA. Booking through a Stars TA you get breakfast, $ 100 credit/stay and a 1 category upgrade. We were welcomed with sparkling wine. Every staff member we met was extremely friendly. We booked the base room (560 SQ FT) and were upgraded to a massive Premier Suite (1,100 SQ FT). Our room number was 1501. It had a view of the city but not the golf course. Room numbers 1502 - 1524 would have a golf course view. Unfortunately 1524 still had some work going on and hence we were given 1501.

Our room looked exactly like this - https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel.../premier-suite. Everything seemed to be of extremely high quality and should stand the test of time.

The breakfast spread was fantastic and it could easily double up as an early lunch if you wanted.

As is typically the case with most Ritz-Carlton's lounge access is not included for upgrades but if you pay for a suite or club room it is included. We purchased lounge access for Rs. 3,500 + taxes (Approx US $ 60 all inclusive). The difference between a base room and club room is also about the same but we wanted to use our $ 100 credit that we got for booking through a Stars TA. The lounge wasn't ready when we stayed so they had a temporary lounge set-up at their multi cuisine restaurant.

For lunch they let us have the full restaurant buffet as part of lounge access which was phenomenal. The evening menu was pretty good too with a decent amount of food choices and plenty of alcohol choices. For desserts they let us choose anything we wanted from the desserts at the dinner buffet.

The pool is a large infinity pool with several sections and is temperature controlled but for some reason it was still cold. I noted this in my feedback to the hotel and they said they would work on it. Cold face towels, bottles of water and fruits were waiting for us as we got out of the pool.

I even managed to snag a Ritz Carlton Lion stuffed toy. Overall an excellent stay and I will be back. They also have several excellent packages that include massages, afternoon tea, etc. that are almost the same price as just booking the base room and hence provide excellent value.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 11:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Any updates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.