Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Old Mar 8, 18, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Platinum, Priority Club-Platinum StarWood-Platinum, Hilton-Gold, United-Silver

https://www.caribjournal.com/2018/03...e813-188977917
Old Mar 8, 18, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
From the article:

"Alaia, which broke ground at the end of last year, will include 35 units, 56 two-bedroom condominiums and eight oceanfront villas, with a total of 155 keys. The property will include everything from a beach club to a rooftop suspended pool to a full-service spa."
Old Mar 12, 18, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott press release re: it today.

Autograph Collection Hotels Slated to Debut in Belize with the Opening of Alaia | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"Autograph Collection Hotels today announced the brand is expected to debut in Belize with the 2020 opening of Alaia – a one-of-a-kind boutique resort, set amidst the beautiful and culturally rich southern part of Ambergris Caye island.

Situated in the idyllic and historic town of San Pedro, Alaia broke ground at the end of 2017 with a launch plan of five phases. The idyllic beachfront resort will feature 56 two-bedroom condominiums with lock off option and eight oceanfront villas, totaling 120 keys when completed in 2020. When completed, Alaia will boast world-class amenities, including a beach club exclusive to guests and residents, a rooftop suspended pool and lounge with spectacular ocean views, full service spa, fitness center, kids club, dive shop and live art gallery.

Designed to highlight the splendor of its natural surroundings, the residences will feature approximately 70 percent of fabrics and raw materials from Belize, including rustic marbles and stones, reclaimed wood, linen curtains, textured beige walls and earth-toned hues to complement the awe-inspiring views of the Caribbean Sea.

Designed with the adventurous and independent traveler and owner in mind, residences will be curated to celebrate Belize’s outdoor living, blending indoor and outdoor space seamlessly and offering more than 1,100 square feet indoors and over 700 square feet in open air, per unit. With prices ranging from $349,000 to $1.3 million, owners are given the option to include their residence in the rental management program – extending the opportunity to experience the property to others.

Just moments away from Alaia, owners and visitors can experience more than 200 cayes filled with several preserved Mayan Temples, including Xunantunich (the second tallest ruin in the country), lush jungles, rainforest canopies, and archaeological sites including the Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave (consists of a series of chambers where sacrificial ceremonies once took place and ceramics, stoneware and skeletal remains can be viewed in their original context from over 1,000 years). For those looking to take a deeper dive and explore the beauty of Belize’s natural underwater locations, the country is home to the second largest barrier reef in the world, several wrecked ships full of history, and the ultimate world-class and unrivaled destination for recreational scuba divers and dive boat enthusiasts – The Great Blue Hole."
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 10:22 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
https://alaiabelize.com/

Looks amazing! Getting there would be a bit of a task.
Old Sep 1, 19, 12:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Platinum. United Silver. HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Xiaotung View Post
https://alaiabelize.com/

Looks amazing! Getting there would be a bit of a task.
It wasn't terrible getting to San Pedro. You would fly into Belize city and than taxi to the municipal airport where you take a 20 minute flight to San Pedro. If I remember they left every 90 minutes or so during the day. There are also probably flights from the international airport there as well but we choose to use the municipal airport. There probably would also be water transportation to get there as well but I have never used that so I can't speak to it. Oh and we didn't dive but the snorkeling in the national park was probably the most amazing in the Caribbean.

Went to google. Here is more info. https://ambergriscaye.com/help/article-64.html

Last edited by kklems; Sep 1, 19 at 12:21 pm
Old Apr 13, 21, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Appears like this hotel is open and is accepting reservations. Anyone stay here recently?
Old Apr 13, 21, 10:03 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Actually, it looks like they are accepting reservations with stays beginning May 6th, 2021. And their website states a May, 2021 opening.
Old Apr 13, 21, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, SPG LT Plat
Looks great... I've already pitched to my work peeps that my expected trip to Belize be arranged for June just for the sheer fact that I'd get a chance to have a few days of PTO at this place after the work gig is done.
Old Apr 13, 21, 8:34 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
I just saw a video of construction... i think it might be delayed...
Old Apr 13, 21, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by kklems View Post
It wasn't terrible getting to San Pedro. You would fly into Belize city and than taxi to the municipal airport where you take a 20 minute flight to San Pedro. If I remember they left every 90 minutes or so during the day. There are also probably flights from the international airport there as well but we choose to use the municipal airport. There probably would also be water transportation to get there as well but I have never used that so I can't speak to it. Oh and we didn't dive but the snorkeling in the national park was probably the most amazing in the Caribbean.

Went to google. Here is more info. https://ambergriscaye.com/help/article-64.html
You can fly directly from the International airport. There is also a helicopter service from the International airport. I highly recommend it! They fly pretty low and you can see the rays swimming in groups.

Will be interested to see if Marriott can make this work. The Hilton property on the Caye does not seem to get much action.

TD
Old Apr 22, 21, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Platinum (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Their Instagram posted this week 15 days to opening. So it seems they are on track to open May 6th ... Iím considering a trip to Belize around Memorial Day, and this looks an interesting option to stay if itís open.
Old May 6, 21, 3:48 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
I have reservations for July. Hoping my free suite upgrade clears
spainlover likes this.
Old May 6, 21, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT. Marriott PLT.
They Opened Today

Thatís a relief. Have an Ocean Front Vista Suite booked 28 May to 1 June. SNA in line for the 3 BR with the plunge pool.

Last edited by planecrashlaw; Yesterday at 8:22 am Reason: Incorrect BR #
Old May 6, 21, 9:02 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
Originally Posted by planecrashlaw View Post
Thatís a relief. Have an Ocean Front Vista Suite booked 28 May to 1 June. SNA in line for the 2 BR with the plunge pool.
I thought only the three bedroom beach villa had a plunge pool?? In any event if thats the room type you selected it is no longer being offered as it was removed from the SNA pool (and won't be processed so you might want to just cancel the SNA request so you don't have to fight with Marriott to get them back when it doesn't process). I am going in July and very excited for this property! I keep going back between a few suites in the main hotel or the three bedroom beach villa. The hotel has been very responsive thus far to my requests for information so thats a great start-I don't usually like to stay at brand new properties!
Old Yesterday, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT. Marriott PLT.
Originally Posted by PDXbased1K View Post
I thought only the three bedroom beach villa had a plunge pool?? In any event if thats the room type you selected it is no longer being offered as it was removed from the SNA pool (and won't be processed so you might want to just cancel the SNA request so you don't have to fight with Marriott to get them back when it doesn't process). I am going in July and very excited for this property! I keep going back between a few suites in the main hotel or the three bedroom beach villa. The hotel has been very responsive thus far to my requests for information so thats a great start-I don't usually like to stay at brand new properties!
Thanks for the heads up on that. Will have to consider my options as I am not sure in the SNA is worth burning on the 2 BR. Sure enough, my reservation states ďUnfortunately, availability has changed since your last request. The good news is that we still have great rooms for you. Please select your favorite ones below.Ē Hopefully the future reviews will sway me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: