Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Marriott emails?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
No Marriott emails?

I've noticed lately that the only emails I get from Marriott are receipts when I check out. I used to get emails a few days before each stay, those helpful reminders that in case my plans had changed I could still cancel without penalty. I also have not received any promotional emails from Marriott.

I went in to my "Communication preferences" section of my profile and the boxes are all checked to receive email. I did this awhile back after a discussion in another thread about the birthday night credit. In fact, I sent Marriott a note inquiring about that (no surprise; no response). I double checked just now and all the email boxes are checked.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know of a fix? I'm not looking to be inundated with Marriott emails, but it's oddly quiet that I receive none.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: DL DM
You must have missed their email where they described the latest set of revenue enhancements they were working on. I searched for my email but couldn’t find it. Maybe it had an auto expire so that it would self delete after some time but I believe some of the plans included:
• Extend to 3 days prior
• If the hotel can be classified as a resort, extend to 30 days
• Update cancelation notice wording “prior to xxx” to easily gain an extra day on the cancellation period
• Eliminate the welcoming reminder email - wouldn’t want to remind folk to cancel their reservation if they aren’t planning on coming

To cover for those cases where customers were intending on canceling or that forgot to do so:
• Develop an IT system enhancement to reinstate canceled reservations
• Develop an IT system enhancement to flip some reservations to non-cancelable ones

As we all know, their IT capabilities are not that strong so they have a couple of bugs that they are still working on so that for the above. My understanding is that the first thing they will fix is to eliminate the confirmation email you get when you cancel a reservation.

Oh, I finally found the original email. It came out April 1 in the event you want to search your email box.

And to the OP’s question, I do receive the reminder emails but not 100% consistently.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by cre95; Sep 13, 2019 at 8:46 am
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I did not receive the April 1 email. In fact, I can't even think of the last, non-receipt, email I received.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I did not receive the April 1 email. In fact, I can't even think of the last, non-receipt, email I received.
I suggest you re-read cre95’s post.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Oh, that was in jest? See, it sounded so much like the travel industry in general about now that I thought it was real. Maybe if cre95 had said there was an upcharge for having TP in the room I might have got it.

Still no emails, though.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Oh, that was in jest? See, it sounded so much like the travel industry in general about now that I thought it was real. Maybe if cre95 had said there was an upcharge for having TP in the room I might have got it.

Still no emails, though.
April 1 was another tip off.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 3:41 am
Original Poster

There is that.

Hillary Clinton could only wish she had had my problem. Still no emails.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by cre95
You must have missed their email where they described the latest set of revenue enhancements they were working on. I searched for my email but couldn’t find it. Maybe it had an auto expire so that it would self delete after some time but I believe some of the plans included:
• Extend to 3 days prior
• If the hotel can be classified as a resort, extend to 30 days
• Update cancelation notice wording “prior to xxx” to easily gain an extra day on the cancellation period
• Eliminate the welcoming reminder email - wouldn’t want to remind folk to cancel their reservation if they aren’t planning on coming

To cover for those cases where customers were intending on canceling or that forgot to do so:
• Develop an IT system enhancement to reinstate canceled reservations
• Develop an IT system enhancement to flip some reservations to non-cancelable ones

As we all know, their IT capabilities are not that strong so they have a couple of bugs that they are still working on so that for the above. My understanding is that the first thing they will fix is to eliminate the confirmation email you get when you cancel a reservation.
And you continue to stay at Marriott properties because....?
Newman likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
And you continue to stay at Marriott properties because....?
My guess is that despite the complaints, Marriott provides service that is second to none in the hotel industry with over 7000 hotels worldwide....
....just a hunch.

Newman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.