FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1985761-marriott-travel-packages-discontinued-jan-19-2022-a.html)

kalu0922 Mar 6, 2022 12:26 pm

This is so frustrating I have a reservation for next month and waiting for the points to apply to my reservation which the cancellation policy is 30 days prior. And I can’t book the airline ticket either because I want to make sure I have the points for the reservation and the airfare keeps increasing. I tried to call them to see if it can be manually done and they said they can’t. I’ve been patiently waited but started to get angry now.

margarita girl Mar 6, 2022 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by kalu0922 (Post 34050119)
This is so frustrating I have a reservation for next month and waiting for the points to apply to my reservation which the cancellation policy is 30 days prior. And I can’t book the airline ticket either because I want to make sure I have the points for the reservation and the airfare keeps increasing. I tried to call them to see if it can be manually done and they said they can’t. I’ve been patiently waited but started to get angry now.

Since you’re relatively new here, let me share the most important thing I have learned in my 15 years on FT. If you don’t like what you hear, HUCA (hang up and call again). Ask to escalate to a supervisor. Always be polite. If you still don’t get what you want, HUCA. I think you have a valid request. Good luck! :)

And do report back if you are successful please.

kalu0922 Mar 6, 2022 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 34053076)
Since you’re relatively new here, let me share the most important thing I have learned in my 15 years on FT. If you don’t like what you hear, HUCA (hang up and call again). Ask to escalate to a supervisor. Always be polite. If you still don’t get what you want, HUCA. I think you have a valid request. Good luck! :)

I actually did the HUCA already and the first rep said she couldn’t help I could only wait. the second rep said she would file a case for me and it took 5 business days for them to look into it 🤷‍♀️

maybe I should keep calling everyday? Feel like I’m wasting so much time for nothing

kalu0922 Mar 6, 2022 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 34053076)

called again today and talked to a manager, no help. Said they are not capable of doing it😡

GUWonder Mar 7, 2022 4:23 am

Originally Posted by kalu0922 (Post 34053177)
called again today and talked to a manager, no help. Said they are not capable of doing it😡

Hitting nothing but walls when trying to do the same. No amount of HUACA action has made a difference for the accounts I was hoping to see get out immediately from this equivalent of an asset freeze by Marriott.

margarita girl Mar 7, 2022 6:04 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 34054316)
Hitting nothing but walls when trying to do the same. No amount of HUACA action has made a difference for the accounts I was hoping to see get out immediately from this equivalent of an asset freeze by Marriott.

That's unfortunate given that armadaone had some success (posts 1468 and 1473).

GUWonder Mar 7, 2022 6:40 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 34054472)
That's unfortunate given that armadaone had some success (posts 1468 and 1473).

I had noted those posts, but it only indicated 50% success for that FTer. Has it reached 100% success for that FTer?

What success there may have been seems so very limited in that case. From March 1st to present, I've not seen even one account that has managed to get the open partial travel package certs converted into points at the peak-rate pricing level.

zzrayzz Mar 7, 2022 10:04 am

Has anyone's TP cert have been converted to points yet by Marriott? (I do not mean the one-off manual adjustments)

kalu0922 Mar 7, 2022 10:22 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 34054316)

this is so sad. I don’t think it would be so difficult so just manually remove a certificate from a customer’s account and add the equivalent points to the account. They simply just don’t want to help even if we called with a reasonable reason asking if they could help by manually doing it.

johnep1 Mar 7, 2022 10:33 am

Originally Posted by kalu0922 (Post 34055194)
this is so sad. I don’t think it would be so difficult so just manually remove a certificate from a customer’s account and add the equivalent points to the account. They simply just don’t want to help even if we called with a reasonable reason asking if they could help by manually doing it.

Not difficult at all - Marriott just doesn't want to do what they said they would. They have a recent track record of lying and treating members like garbage. All that matters are their real customers - the hotel owners. Us travelers are the product Marriott sells to the owners.

There really is no incentive for Marriott to want to treat us well. As long as rooms are filled and ADRs are up, members are expendable.

Now, one would think that we should be able to trust what companies say, especially one with the history of the Marriott family, but the current "leadership" is not to be trusted.

If Marriott wanted to be trusted, they would provide an update, either "this is taking longer than we expected but here's what's going to happen" or a "sorry, we decided to screw you over." Since doing the right thing would be so easy, I can only assume they plan on screwing us over.

Leedsflyer Mar 8, 2022 1:10 am

From Wednesday... ?

I just called to try to get my cert converted. Couldn''t help, but after talking to her supervisor she said that there have been "technical difficulties" but from "Wednesday" conversions should start, but with "millions" to process it will take till sometime next week. For a computer, "millions" shouldn't take that long really, we'll see....

pazza2000 Mar 8, 2022 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Leedsflyer (Post 34057196)
I just called to try to get my cert converted. Couldn''t help, but after talking to her supervisor she said that there have been "technical difficulties" but from "Wednesday" conversions should start, but with "millions" to process it will take till sometime next week. For a computer, "millions" shouldn't take that long really, we'll see....

….plus I do not think it is anywhere near “millions”, still - at least that’s a second agent confirming the conversion should take place from the middle of this week,

johnep1 Mar 8, 2022 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Leedsflyer (Post 34057196)

This is what what I was told last week, so a little happy to hear another data point. Cautiously optimistic now. But I still don't know why Marriott wouldn't at least issue some sort of formal statement addressing this. That would be easy, and them avoiding that makes me question their actions.

On the plus side, we will hopefully get the first reports tomorrow (Wednesday) of conversions.

johnep1 Mar 8, 2022 4:45 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000 (Post 34057337)
….plus I do not think it is anywhere near “millions”, still - at least that’s a second agent confirming the conversion should take place from the middle of this week,

Maybe they meant millions of points, that's only 3 or 4 packages. :)

Still shouldn't take their intern (probably the same intern US Air used to have) this long.

johnep1 Mar 8, 2022 11:12 am

Looks like a Marriott corporate contact of Frequent Miler's has confirmed the "middle of this week" story. A little more cautiously optimistic now.