Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Profile: Date of Birth Changing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I had added my correct date of birth to my Marriott profile a while ago. When I checked all my information again recently, it was first changed by a day!

I had planned to call Marriott to change it (since one cannot edit it after setting it), but now I checked again just before calling - and I saw that the date had changed yet again to now two days earlier than my actual birthday!

Does anyone else have similar experiences? If yes, what did you do to fix it, and did it "stick"?

Please let me know!

Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Well, I just checked and mine is 13 days earlier than I set, which must have been done back on the old SPG site. So either it hasn’t been ported into Bonvoy correctly, or else it’s been edging backwards as per the OPs post.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Aug 18, 2019 at 2:06 pm
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:10 pm

Mine is a day earlier as well.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Weirdly so is mine but I don't foresee it being a big issue.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:08 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Have you crossed the International Date Line recently? 13 times?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Interestingly, mine was 1 day earlier!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Darn. I didn't get any younger.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:25 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Mine is listed as 2 days earlier. (I wonder if this is why I don't get an elite birthday night credit, though I don't know how they'd confirm whether or not the birthday on my profile is accurate). I noticed several months ago, but I haven't tried to call in and change it
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Mine's also one day earlier, and the phone number they have is an OOOLLLDDD one from a previous place of employment. But when I click to edit the information, the fields are correct and current. :scratchinghead:
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:21 pm

Marriott IT strikes again...
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Funnily enough, I had to fill out a questionnaire for Marriott today and I had to prove who I am. One of the questions was my birth day, so I checked to see if they changed it on me. Luckily they hadn’t so I didn’t have to decide which to use.

(I still can’t believe that Marriott bought this garbage IT just a couple of years ago. It must have been a cheap refurbished system. )
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Explorist; IHG Gold; Hilton Silver
Bumping this to note that it's still an issue in 2021 - and that it might depend on which browser you view it in! (EDIT: Last part probably not true; see edit below.)

I noticed earlier today that my birthday was listed as one day earlier than it actually is. I was using Google Chrome on Windows 10, as I usually am.

I contacted Marriott and asked them to change it, and they indicated that they did.

But even after hard-refreshing the profile page in Chrome (and even viewing it in Incognito Mode), it continued to display as the day before my actual birthday.

However, when I tried it in Microsoft Edge - and on an Android device in Chrome, Firefox, and the Marriott app - it displayed correctly in all of those.

Sadly, I can't confirm whether it would've displayed correctly in those or not before I contacted Marriott, since I didn't think to check. In other words, I don't know if my birthday was ever actually incorrect on Marriott's end, or if their website just has an odd issue where it shows incorrectly but only in some browsers (e.g. Chrome) on some systems (e.g. Windows).

If it was actually on Marriott's end and they corrected it, I can think of no reason why it would still be displaying incorrectly in Chrome on Windows (even after a hard refresh or viewing it in Incognito), yet displaying correctly on other browsers/OS's.

Can anyone else experiencing this issue confirm if it suddenly displays correctly when you look at it on a different browser or system? More for curiosity than anything...

EDIT/UPDATE: Welp, color me surprised. I just checked again in Chrome - and it actually displays as the correct day now! No idea why it wouldn't have updated before (even after it did update when viewed elsewhere), but it seems it was probably wrong in Marriott's system after all.

Last edited by hotelprof; Mar 15, 2021 at 11:38 pm Reason: Updated info (debunked my own theory)
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I can't even find my birthday on the app.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Explorist; IHG Gold; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I can't even find my birthday on the app.
You have to go to Account > Settings (the gear icon) > Manage Profile; then under Personal Information (with your address and such), click Edit. Annoyingly, it seems to make you verify your identity every time you do this (i.e. it'll text or email you a temporary code you have to enter). Then you can see your complete personal information, including birth date.

Oddly enough, unlike on the web interface, it seems to allow you to modify it on the app. I didn't try doing it, though, so I have no idea if it would actually let you. Since the web interface doesn't let you, I'd be surprised if it would actually go through.

EDIT/UPDATE: I just checked again in Chrome - and it actually displays as the correct day now! No idea why it wouldn't have updated before (even after it did update when viewed elsewhere), but it seems it was probably wrong in Marriott's system after all. Going to edit my previous post to reflect that.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by hotelprof; Mar 15, 2021 at 11:39 pm
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
I just checked my profile using Firefox on Windows 10 and my birthday is showing up as one day earlier, which would technically be yule_boy Eve. I was able to edit it from the app but it hasn't updated on the web, at least not yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.