Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard by Marriott Lake George NY [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 9:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

This is a relative new hotel, opened in September 2016 and it is less than 3 years old by now.

https://dailygazette.com/article/201...ng-lake-george

It is Marriott's Category 5 hotel with 35,000 redemption value. It is perfect to use the 35,000 point annual reward nights. Its peak season price can be as high as $360+ per night. You'll have to book reward nights early since the hotel sells out very quickly during summer peak season.

Check-in: No bell staff at all. Front staff is friendly. Upon asking as Marriott Platinum member, given a large guest room with two King size beds on the top 6th floor. It is facing lake and there is an nice balcony. The rooms are of various other sizes, but the room sizes are very similar. Lake view rooms are highly desirable. It has a two-level parking garage and guests are given a parking sticker.

Guest Room: The room was ready when we checked in. It is very clean. Look and feel like new. Bathroom is good size, very comfortable.

Dining: There is a hobby lounge, a coffee shop and a full restaurant. They are all independent businesses, not directly related to the hotel. But you can charge to hotel room. Platinum and above receive the $10/day F+B to use at its market, but at those restaurants since they are not part of the hotel.

This hotel is at the heart of Lake George and is the newest hotel and probably the tallest hotel. It is close to all attractions. This is a wonderful hotel to use the 35,000 annual reward night. The room can hold a family of 4 easily.

Some photos:

Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Thanks for the review. We go up to Saratoga Springs every August and usually tack on a night or two elsewhere in NY state, this would be a nice option.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by jtwiz
Thanks for the review. We go up to Saratoga Springs every August and usually tack on a night or two elsewhere in NY state, this would be a nice option.
Yes, nothing is better than a new hotel in a popular location and can be redeemed with the common credit card annual free night.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, American Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents Circle
My family and I stayed at this hotel for a brief stay on July 4th. It was a newer hotel. The rooms were standard fare for a Courtyard. We had a lake view, which primarily overlooked other smaller resorts, and then the lake. This property was probably the newest in the Lake George area. This property had an adjoining restaurant which served a very good breakfast. The general location made it very convenient to families who wanted to visit the Lake George area without constantly driving everywhere
RedSun likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
FYI my stay at this property was sub-par benefit wise as they didn't want to honor a 4PM checkout that I only demanded out of spite after they refused to let my guest check in a few hours prior to my arrival. Turns out they don't offer breakfast using the same "3rd party" scam.

https://viewfromthewing.com/hotel-ow...lite-benefits/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.