Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New USA Autograph Locations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
New USA Autograph Locations

some great new spots hitting the Autograph Collection this year / 2020:

The Otis Hotel - downtown Austin (2020)
The Adventure - downtown St. George, UT (Nov. 19)
CopperWynd Reort - east of Scottsdale (open, but not showing a brand)

It seems the actual autograph website isn't updated very often as most of these do not even show up there. With more and more Autographs coming online, certainly finding it harder to stay at all of them!!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CALMSP
some great new spots hitting the Autograph Collection this year / 2020:

The Otis Hotel - downtown Austin (2020)
The Adventure - downtown St. George, UT (Nov. 19)
CopperWynd Reort - east of Scottsdale (open, but not showing a brand)

It seems the actual autograph website isn't updated very often as most of these do not even show up there. With more and more Autographs coming online, certainly finding it harder to stay at all of them!!
These three properties are all listed on Marriott.com.

The Otis Hotel, Autograph Collection, Austin, Texas, opening February 2020 — https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

The Advenire, Autograph Collection (not The Adventure), St. George, Utah, opening November 2019 — https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

CopperWynd Resort, Scottsdale, Arizona — https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...erwynd-resort/

The CopperWynd Resort does not yet have "Autograph Collection" as part of its name. Also, the hotel website does not yet include the Autograph Collection logo. It's not unusual for Marriott.com to add open properties while they are in the process of being brought up to brand standards.

Last edited by Horace; Jul 25, 2019 at 8:16 am
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:49 am

The Otis Hotel is "dual-branded" with AC and Autograph Collections (everyone is always has those two hotel types confused)... it will be interesting in how they will be implementing the elite benefits.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Horace
These three properties are all listed on Marriott.com.

The Otis Hotel, Autograph Collection Hotel, Austin, Texas, opening February 2020 — https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

The Advenire, Autograph Collection (not The Adventure), St. George, Utah, opening November 2019 — https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

CopperWynd Resort, Scottsdale, Arizona — https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...erwynd-resort/

The CopperWynd Resort does not yet have "Autograph Collection" as part of its name. Also, the hotel website does not yet include the Autograph Collection logo. It's not unusual for Marriott.com to add open properties while they are in the process of being brought up to brand standards.
thanks for copying and pasting my post I guess??
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
The Otis Hotel is "dual-branded" with AC and Autograph Collections (everyone is always has those two hotel types confused)... it will be interesting in how they will be implementing the elite benefits.
"Dual-branded" means one building with two hotels — not a single hotel with two brands.

We can expect each of the two hotels to provide the Elite benefits applicable to its brand. It does not matter if the two hotels are in the same building, across the street from each other, or miles apart.

Announcement of the "Dual-Branded" Hotel Complex, The Otis Hotel and AC Hotel Austin: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300716569.html
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:27 am

"Dual-branded" means one building with two hotels — not a single hotel with two brands.

We can expect each of the two hotels to provide the Elite benefits applicable to its brand. It does not matter if the two hotels are in the same building, across the street from each other, or miles apart.

Announcement of the "Dual-Branded" Hotel Complex, The Otis Hotel and AC Hotel Austin: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300716569.html
Got it, I was little confused - so this is two hotels under one roof: AC Hotel Austin and The Otis, Autograph Collection.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Got it, I was little confused - so this is two hotels under one roof: AC Hotel Austin and The Otis, Autograph Collection.
Which is probably more confusing when its an AC and an Autograph Collection!

There are other properties I say at which are part of a dual branded hotel complex. Sometimes it makes sense, a CY with an RI but sometimes I wonder what the business case is ... such as this one in Austin since both seem to be going for the same vibe.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Otis is opening next month. I can stay there or the AC for my travels in March. The AC was much cheaper.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Does anyone know any good (cheap) overnight parking near Otis/AC hotel in Austin? Any recent trip review of the AC hotel?

Last edited by ktjan; Mar 1, 2021 at 1:14 pm
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

It would be better to use the term co-located rather than dual-branded.
cfabar1 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It would be better to use the term co-located rather than dual-branded.
It seems that "dual-branded" is an industry term, so you and I can't change it.

The term "dual-branded" makes some sense when it's applied to a building. Even then, it's inadequate to convey that there are two separate hotels.

When someone writes "dual-branded hotel," it's genuinely misleading. If it's "dual-branded" as an Autograph Collection property and a Residence Inn, which brand standards, point structure, and elite benefits apply? The answer is that it's no different than when two hotels are across the street from each other. I agree that co-located would be a better term.

Actually, a single hotel can have two brands, such as Kessler Collection and Autograph Collection. But that's not how the term "dual-branded" is used.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Maybe I’m missing it, but it would be very helpful if we had a sticky/pinned post at the top like they do in the Hilton forum for new or properties leaving the Marriott brands
Old Feb 28, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
It seems that "dual-branded" is an industry term, so you and I can't change it.

The term "dual-branded" makes some sense when it's applied to a building. Even then, it's inadequate to convey that there are two separate hotels.

When someone writes "dual-branded hotel," it's genuinely misleading. If it's "dual-branded" as an Autograph Collection property and a Residence Inn, which brand standards, point structure, and elite benefits apply? The answer is that it's no different than when two hotels are across the street from each other. I agree that co-located would be a better term.

Actually, a single hotel can have two brands, such as Kessler Collection and Autograph Collection. But that's not how the term "dual-branded" is used.
I stayed at a dual branded Fairfield Inn/Residence Inn in Silicon Valley. It was confusing when I initially checked in. I was looking for the RI front desk to check in. At this property there was one combined check in desk for both brands and one common room with the same breakfast offering for both brands (RI standard breakfast). Some rooms were FI design and standard and others were RI. Not sure if it was separated by floors. Since I was staying a week, I wanted the RI grade breakfast. If I am staying in the area again, I would book an FI room. Best of both worlds, full points earnings and the better breakfast. Not sure if this setup was unique to this property or if it is how they are currently handling dual branding in general. It was a new construction building, so the co-mingling of facilities was definitely intentional and not due to construction constraints. YMMV.....

--Jon
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
I stayed at a dual branded Fairfield Inn/Residence Inn in Silicon Valley. It was confusing when I initially checked in. I was looking for the RI front desk to check in. At this property there was one combined check in desk for both brands and one common room with the same breakfast offering for both brands (RI standard breakfast). Some rooms were FI design and standard and others were RI. Not sure if it was separated by floors. Since I was staying a week, I wanted the RI grade breakfast. If I am staying in the area again, I would book an FI room. Best of both worlds, full points earnings and the better breakfast. Not sure if this setup was unique to this property or if it is how they are currently handling dual branding in general. It was a new construction building, so the co-mingling of facilities was definitely intentional and not due to construction constraints. YMMV.....

--Jon
Dual branding is where Marriott is pushing developers (Fairfield/TownePlace Dual Branded Prototype Brochure).

David
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.