Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Is Promo 5k points/night at Courtyard worth staying for Mattress Run?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:15 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I found a property running this currently promo:

Member Exclusive Offer, includes wireless Internet, 5000 Bonus Points per night

Rates are currently $149 exc taxes.

Was just thinking if I stayed 2 nights here, that would earn me 10k points; stacking this with the existing promo of 1.5k for 2 nights stay, a total of 11.5k points for about $300.

Is this worth a mattress run for?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
You can buy points for cheaper than that.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
I found a property running this currently promo:Member Exclusive Offer, includes wireless Internet, 5000 Bonus Points per night

Rates are currently $149 exc taxes.

Was just thinking if I stayed 2 nights here, that would earn me 10k points; stacking this with the existing promo of 1.5k for 2 nights stay, a total of 11.5k points for about $300.

Is this worth a mattress run for?
Agree with previous poster, here is an alternative.
If you have 'Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant' card then you will come out ahead. Assuming you have not used the credit yet. If you apply then still will be good deal, although sign-up bonus (75,000 + free 50k night ) is not that great currently.

1. $300 Marriott (courtyard will work) stay credit per calendar year.
2. On my card AM Ex is offering Spend $200 or more, get $40 back by 9/3/2019.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:27 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
You can buy points for cheaper than that.
Originally Posted by dealhunter999
Agree with previous poster, here is an alternative.
If you have 'Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant' card then you will come out ahead. Assuming you have not used the credit yet. If you apply then still will be good deal, although sign-up bonus (75,000 + free 50k night ) is not that great currently.

1. $300 Marriott (courtyard will work) stay credit per calendar year.
2. On my card AM Ex is offering Spend $200 or more, get $40 back by 9/3/2019.
Thanks guys, I already maxed out all my Marriott cards before the merge.
Trying to build up more points to complete my PA reservations before Oct.

I also have the targeted 2x elite nights promo and the Amex get $40 spending $200 (only in the US) offers.

Was thinking this run might make sense for that..
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
You've got to understand what Bonvoy points are worth to determine whether or not a mattress run is worth it. A common figure is 0.8 cents per point (cpp) though some people value them higher or lower based on personal redemption patterns. At 0.8cpp your MR yields $90 worth of points for a two night stay with a net cash cost of probably $320 (after the Amex rebate). That's not even close to worth it if all you're interested in is the points.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:04 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
You've got to understand what Bonvoy points are worth to determine whether or not a mattress run is worth it. A common figure is 0.8 cents per point (cpp) though some people value them higher or lower based on personal redemption patterns. At 0.8cpp your MR yields $90 worth of points for a two night stay with a net cash cost of probably $320 (after the Amex rebate). That's not even close to worth it if all you're interested in is the points.
Alright, thanks for breaking it down! I guess even with all the stacked promos, it's still not compelling enough..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.