Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner, Virginia [Master Thread]

Old Jul 3, 19, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Didn't see a thread for the RC at Tyson's Corner (surprisingly!) so I went ahead and created one.

Has anyone stayed here? How does it compare to the RC in West End, DC or the RC in Pentagon City?

Last edited by iluvdoco; Jul 3, 19 at 8:07 am Reason: Removed apostrophe
Old Jul 3, 19, 11:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
Didn't see a thread for the RC at Tyson's Corner (surprisingly!) so I went ahead and created one.

Has anyone stayed here? How does it compare to the RC in West End, DC or the RC in Pentagon City?
I've stayed here at the RC Tysons Corner as well as the RC Pentagon City. Have yet to stay at either the RC WDC/West End or RC Georgetown - folks like @bhrubin probably have more feedback on those.

Common similarity of the RC Tysons Corner and RC Pentagon City are that both are attached to a mall. Difference is, the RC Tysons Corner, there's a path/route that can go from the parking garage in/out of the hotel. No such luck at the RC Pentagon City.

Both hotels have a similar look/feel for the non-RC elite. I've not bought upto Ritz Club access at either hotel. I've stayed a few times at the RC Tysons Corner and would continue to go there.

David
Old Jul 3, 19, 11:56 am

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
I’ve stayed here many times, but never received any kind of upgrade. Expect to get the room you book. Hotel is attached to an upscale mall that doesn’t seem too healthy. They used to give titanium’s a $25 a day credit towards food which just barely covered breakfast for one. They just downgraded this benefit to $35 for the entire stay,

Very nice staff and gym. Location depressing but ideal if you have business nearby, can walk to the metro station.
Old Jul 4, 19, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Has anyone stayed in a Club room here? Some of the reviews have stated that the Club lounge food presentations are not good.
Old Jul 4, 19, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
We stay at RC Tysons often. I'd say the Club offerings are decent. I've had better in Aruba, Laguna Niguel, but we love Tysons for a weekend getaway. Great prices. The staff is great. The weird thing is that the hotel doesn't really have full serve restaurants. We would often book the room on FHR for $250 or less, get $100 room credit and get room service breakfast. Dinner at one of the good full service mall restaurants. Its a really upscale mall.
iluvdoco and DJ_Iceman like this.
Old Dec 21, 20, 12:24 pm

Has anyone had a post-COVID stay here? How was the experience been?
Old Dec 21, 20, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker View Post
We stay at RC Tysons often. I'd say the Club offerings are decent. I've had better in Aruba, Laguna Niguel, but we love Tysons for a weekend getaway. Great prices. The staff is great. The weird thing is that the hotel doesn't really have full serve restaurants. We would often book the room on FHR for $250 or less, get $100 room credit and get room service breakfast. Dinner at one of the good full service mall restaurants. Its a really upscale mall.
I *love* eating dinner at The Palm there.
Old Dec 21, 20, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by bman1002 View Post
Has anyone had a post-COVID stay here? How was the experience been?
was there in October for a night. Was nice and occupancy was ~50%. Got the $35 benefit and ordered crab eggs Benedict and a pot of coffee for $50. Didnít ask about the pool or gym.
bman1002 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 21, 8:00 pm

Stayed in Feb 2021 for 2 nights. Excellent service. Rooms are small. Used credit card upgrade certificates to club lounge level. Food servings are somewhat limited but still good. As a platinum, received $30 per day breakfast credit that could be used in restaurant or for room service. They have great weekend rates. Made for a nice staycation.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: