Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Tallahassee Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stay Report - 6/22 - 6/23

Location: As the name suggests the hotel is located downtown. It's a block from the bus station and Greyhound Station. TLH is about 15 minutes away. Nearby is the Florida State Capitol and government complex, US Court House and a number of restaurants and bars. Parking around the hotel is really easy to get on the weekend. There's also a hotel dog you can play with in the lobby.

Hotel: This was my first ever Aloft so I have nothing to compare it to. It's a mix of modern and classic. The lobby has a large bar and some seating areas and also games and a pool table. There's also a little snack shop which has salads, wraps and snacks and they sell breakfast and dinner items (6-9 for breakfast weekdays and 7-11 weekends). There's also a large outdoor pool which has a number of sitting areas and games as well. The hotel has a parking lot next door which is $8 a day.

Check In: Handled quickly and offered points or breakfast. I was leaving too early so I took points.

Room: No upgrade annoyingly and the room is pretty small. There's a small bathroom with a shower with the shampoo/body wash pumps in it, small closet area, and then a small bedroom with a TV against the bed and set up for plugging in a DVD player/game system as well as some storage space.

The location of this hotel works very well for downtown Tallahassee and my rate was cheap. I'm not all that sold on the Aloft concept, soundproofing was bad and people were out being loud at the pool at 1 AM and I could hear every word they were saying. The hangout concept of the common spaces is nice but the room didn't do much for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.