Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

CY Change in rate automatic checkout??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I did a search on this, but couldn't find anything so apologies. I stayed at the CY Navy Yard DC. I booked two nights in one reservation and it reflected a change in rates, the first night higher since it was a weekday and the second a weekend. I'm sitting at lunch after the first night and I see an email that I've been checked out and there is the folio for one night. I looked at my Bonvoy app and I see the screen for my stay and it changes from two nights to one night. I had a little indigestion at that point, but not due to the food . I head back to the hotel after lunch and ask why I have been checked out, the front desk says that's what they always do when there is a rate change. Since most of my 1500 nights were for business I can't say that I've had a rate change frequently but I don't recall such a thing happening before. He looked at my room number and then said I'm good to go for the next night. I asked him if my keys would still work and he said yes but "let me rekey them just in case". Has anyone experienced this? I can't believe their system even with the recent changes can't easily reflect a different rate per night without a "checkout". My folio upon real checkout showed two credit card charges, one for each night. At least they didn't try to double bill me. As an aside, when I checked in I requested the F&B benefit +1 for the two of us. I asked if there were coupons and he said no, every CY is going electronic now. When I had breakfast the first morning, of course it wasn't showing up on the Bistro's screen and she had to call the front desk. I promise I was very nice about it!! The second morning, they had a list printed off, nothing electronic but it didn't reflect the +1. The bistro lady said no worries, I will take care of you. Ok, enough ranting for one morning. Thanks to all the FT contributors you are very helpful.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I know I 've had reservations with mixed rates and that's never happened.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
In the last few years, I regularly did Sun-Thu stays in the IAD area, and I think my rate changed on every single one of them (Sunday being cheaper, always). This was across a variety of hotels/brands, including CY, RI, SH, FI. Never once did they check me out mid-stay.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I have had many stays where the rate changed throughout the stay. Never had to check in and out again nor been checked out. Perhaps a training issue at the hotel where you were staying (e.g. on how to have different rates per night for a single stay).

--Jon
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
That's what I thought, thanks for the prompt replies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.